or Login >>         
C4 - DS4 Owners :: Forums :: Citroen C4 Picasso and Grand C4 Picasso (B78) 2013 onward :: C4 Picasso and Grand C4 Picasso (B78) Problems and Issues

Keyless / remote door opening - passenger side issue

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
BusterDan   
Wed Dec 20 2017, 04:54pm
Member No: #37679
Hi all... happy Xmas to you all....

My C4GP is now nearly 3 years old.... how time flies.... for the most part it's been a great car but it now has a few issues. I need to book it in for it's third and final service (as part of the extended Citroen plan) and will point out the following issues:-

Sticking clutch pedal problem (new Master Cylinder)
Squeaking Steering column (lubrication of rubber grommet)

But the last thing is that it's not possible to use the keyless locking on the passenger side (to either lock or unlock). The locking works fine otherwise and with the key remote.... it's just the touch feature on the passenger side.

I've searched but couldn't find anything specific here, but wondered if anyone had had a similar problem.

Thanks

Dan
routemaster1   
Thu Dec 21 2017, 02:46am
Member No: #574
BusterDan wrote ...

Hi all... happy Xmas to you all....

My C4GP is now nearly 3 years old.... how time flies.... for the most part it's been a great car but it now has a few issues. I need to book it in for it's third and final service (as part of the extended Citroen plan) and will point out the following issues:-

Sticking clutch pedal problem (new Master Cylinder)
Squeaking Steering column (lubrication of rubber grommet)

But the last thing is that it's not possible to use the keyless locking on the passenger side (to either lock or unlock). The locking works fine otherwise and with the key remote.... it's just the touch feature on the passenger side.

I've searched but couldn't find anything specific here, but wondered if anyone had had a similar problem.

Thanks

Dan

Let us know what happens with the clutch pedal. There is a recall on mine which is a 2.0HDi. It would be good to know if the recall applies to the 1.6HDi.
BusterDan   
Thu Dec 21 2017, 02:53am
Will do Routemaster, i'll bw calling my dealer a bit later today I think to book in for early Jan.
macky42   
Thu Jan 04 2018, 02:24pm
Member No: #35443
BusterDan wrote ...

Just seen this - I have the same issue with the driver's side - dealer says handle assembly needs replacing - £300+ was quoted, then I reminded them I had extended factory warranty. Phoned me back later to say repair has been authorised and part ordered, although it will need to be painted first.
BusterDan   
Thu Jan 04 2018, 02:44pm
My car goes in for it's last Citroen servicing scheme service in one week and they are going to deal with the recall that affects the clutch (master cylinder replacement). Lubricate the steering column rubber grommit that is causing the squeaking noise. They are also looking at the passenger door but have not said anything about it not being a warranty issue, but then my car is still under three years old. Pretty poor that these things are surfacing and it doesn't bode well for the future.
BusterDan   
Thu Jan 11 2018, 07:51am
It's currently in at the dealer and being it done....all seems well although they do want to charge me £180 to replace the rear pads
BusterDan   
Fri Jan 12 2018, 03:57am
My mistake... £125 for the brake pads....

They are ordering in a new door handle though.

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, Forum Moderator, Forum Moderator, Premier Member, Technical Expert, New C4 and DS4 Forum Moderators, Member