or Login >>         
C4 - DS4 Owners :: Forums :: Citroen C4 Picasso and Grand C4 Picasso (B78) 2013 onward :: C4 Picasso and Grand C4 Picasso (B78) Problems and Issues

Keyless / remote door opening - passenger side issue

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
BusterDan   
Wed Dec 20 2017, 04:54pm
Member No: #37679
Hi all... happy Xmas to you all....

My C4GP is now nearly 3 years old.... how time flies.... for the most part it's been a great car but it now has a few issues. I need to book it in for it's third and final service (as part of the extended Citroen plan) and will point out the following issues:-

Sticking clutch pedal problem (new Master Cylinder)
Squeaking Steering column (lubrication of rubber grommet)

But the last thing is that it's not possible to use the keyless locking on the passenger side (to either lock or unlock). The locking works fine otherwise and with the key remote.... it's just the touch feature on the passenger side.

I've searched but couldn't find anything specific here, but wondered if anyone had had a similar problem.

Thanks

Dan
routemaster1   
Thu Dec 21 2017, 02:46am
Member No: #574
BusterDan wrote ...

Hi all... happy Xmas to you all....

My C4GP is now nearly 3 years old.... how time flies.... for the most part it's been a great car but it now has a few issues. I need to book it in for it's third and final service (as part of the extended Citroen plan) and will point out the following issues:-

Sticking clutch pedal problem (new Master Cylinder)
Squeaking Steering column (lubrication of rubber grommet)

But the last thing is that it's not possible to use the keyless locking on the passenger side (to either lock or unlock). The locking works fine otherwise and with the key remote.... it's just the touch feature on the passenger side.

I've searched but couldn't find anything specific here, but wondered if anyone had had a similar problem.

Thanks

Dan

Let us know what happens with the clutch pedal. There is a recall on mine which is a 2.0HDi. It would be good to know if the recall applies to the 1.6HDi.
BusterDan   
Thu Dec 21 2017, 02:53am
Will do Routemaster, i'll bw calling my dealer a bit later today I think to book in for early Jan.
macky42   
Thu Jan 04 2018, 02:24pm
Member No: #35443
BusterDan wrote ...

Just seen this - I have the same issue with the driver's side - dealer says handle assembly needs replacing - £300+ was quoted, then I reminded them I had extended factory warranty. Phoned me back later to say repair has been authorised and part ordered, although it will need to be painted first.
BusterDan   
Thu Jan 04 2018, 02:44pm
My car goes in for it's last Citroen servicing scheme service in one week and they are going to deal with the recall that affects the clutch (master cylinder replacement). Lubricate the steering column rubber grommit that is causing the squeaking noise. They are also looking at the passenger door but have not said anything about it not being a warranty issue, but then my car is still under three years old. Pretty poor that these things are surfacing and it doesn't bode well for the future.
BusterDan   
Thu Jan 11 2018, 07:51am
It's currently in at the dealer and being it done....all seems well although they do want to charge me £180 to replace the rear pads
BusterDan   
Fri Jan 12 2018, 03:57am
My mistake... £125 for the brake pads....

They are ordering in a new door handle though.
BusterDan   
Tue Mar 20 2018, 03:11pm
New door handle was fitted and everything was then fine.... although it now seems that the keyfob is faulty.... grrrrrr
wunny   
Sat Mar 24 2018, 05:38pm
Member No: #42824
My drivers side keyless handle stopped working after the car had been in for the 'Engine fault warning' see here - Click Here -

Passenger side & tailgate worked fine with both fobs, driver's side worked after if passenger side was activated and then locked, but left for a few minutes and it was back to not detecting the fob's presence.

So was booked back for diagnostics on 6th April.

Today was a sunny day, well now & then it was and what do you know, all is working OK once more.

Now that has taken 8 days to resolve itself and I think it may be down to the wash they give it with a pressure washer, getting moisture into the door electrics, which have now dried out.

Of course if that is the case, at some point corrosion will cause it all to go wrong again - most likely when it is out of warranty.

I'm going to get them to look at it and record the fault anyway, just to have it on record and I'll tell them to not pressure wash it again.
wunny   
Tue Mar 27 2018, 04:06am
Well, that was short lived. 2 1/2 days of working then back to unresponsive.

Ah well, at least the dealer will have something to look for when it goes in.

Edit: It is getting worse, When I unlock with the fob, when I go to open the door, it locks itself as I touch the door handle. I have to snatch the door open!

When I unlock it with the fob, and open a rear door, the car tries to lock itself, but because the rear door is open it clunks away half a dozen times, trying to lock, before it give up.

The mirrors were folding in & out whilst it was trying to lock - I think it is trying to fly by flapping the mirrors!
wunny   
Sat Apr 07 2018, 01:46am
It's been in, it came out after 2 hours and the result is that it needs a new door handle. Booked in for 24th April.

They didn't think it was down to pressure washing though. So it's had another free valet and is all shiny and clean, inside and out once more!
wunny   
Tue Apr 24 2018, 04:00pm
New door handle fitted, all OK now, plus another wash.

Hopefully no more problems for a while.

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, Forum Moderator, Forum Moderator, Premier Member, Technical Expert, New C4 and DS4 Forum Moderators, Member