or Login >>         
C4 - DS4 Owners :: Forums :: Citroen C4 Picasso and Grand C4 Picasso (B78) 2013 onward :: C4 Picasso and Grand C4 Picasso (B78) Ice and Satnav questions

System temperature too high, volume reduced warning.

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
A380   
Sun Dec 10 2017, 05:32pm
Member No: #16957
I own a 2014 Exclusive+ and over the last few days the satnav display has come up with the message “System temperature too high, volume reduced”, and the glove box gets really hott.
The temperature was set to 23 degC and on auto, and I wasn’t listening to any music that loud.
Has this happened to anyone else?
naughtiusmaximus   
Mon Dec 18 2017, 08:23am
Member No: #48074
The exact same thing happened to me about 3 weeks ago. The small storage compartment under the stereo was very hot at the time, I put it down to a possible faulty phone charger which was plugged into the lighter socket but now the same thing has happened to you maybe it wasn't that.

Bodlet2001   
Fri Mar 23 2018, 03:39pm
Member No: #50619
My car, 2017 C4GP also does this, only driving over 1 hour with the heater on a moderate temp.
I have mentioned this to my dealer who have said " we have a couple of cars that are doing this, we are waiting for Citroen to see what to do"
I will update if there is any further information from them.
beemanga   
Mon Mar 26 2018, 11:03am
Member No: #41746
It happened to me once the other morning, although to be honest it was cold outside and I was cranking up the heater because I felt cold that morning. Think I had it at 25 then. So I turned down the heat to 22 or 23 and after a while a message came up saying that temperature was back to normal and it could operate normally again.
A380   
Thu Apr 12 2018, 01:33pm
Member No: #16957
Bodlet2001 wrote ...

My car, 2017 C4GP also does this, only driving over 1 hour with the heater on a moderate temp.
I have mentioned this to my dealer who have said " we have a couple of cars that are doing this, we are waiting for Citroen to see what to do"
I will update if there is any further information from them.

Have you heard back from them?
Bodlet2001   
Mon Apr 16 2018, 01:11pm
Member No: #50619
Update

After contacting Citroen UK via the customer care contact on the "My Citroen owners" web site, I have had a call from my local dealer who have booked the car in for one day next week. They are looking at updating some software and fitting a data logger to see what's happening with the head unit.
I have stated that it is possible that nothing will happen as the weather has warmed up and now I do not have the heating on hot.

we will see !!

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, Forum Moderator, Forum Moderator, Premier Member, Technical Expert, New C4 and DS4 Forum Moderators, Member