or Login >>         
C4 - DS4 Owners :: Forums :: Coupe and Hatch Pre 2011 cars :: C4 Coupe Hatch and General Questions

Citroen C4 VTR+ 1.6 HDI intermitent turbo

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
Mistyblue   
Sat Dec 09 2017, 07:51am
Member No: #49956
Hi this is my first post recently purchased Citroen C4 VTR+ 1.6 HDI my turbo seems to be only working now and again, it works when I put my clutch in and rev the engine foot off clutch and it works fine but drive it normal and turbo seems to be having trouble kicking in could anyone tell me what this problem could be please

Coliliqui   
Tue Dec 26 2017, 04:16pm
Member No: #32746
Might be a long shot but it sounds like the EGR valve could be sticking. It happened on a Peugeot 307 I had (same 1.6 HDI engine) and could only be 'fixed' by revving the tits off of it. When it started happening on my current C4 I just unplugged the power lead to the valve and haven't had any problems since (apart from the engine management light on the instrument cluster, but that doesn't bother me).

Mind, it could be something completely different, but it's worth checking just to rule it out.

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, Forum Moderator, Forum Moderator, Premier Member, Technical Expert, New C4 and DS4 Forum Moderators, Member