or Login >>         
C4 - DS4 Owners :: Forums :: Citroen C4 Picasso and Grand C4 Picasso (B78) 2013 onward :: C4 Picasso (B78) General Questions

Eco Stop & Start

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
northspoon   
Fri Dec 01 2017, 04:01am
Member No: #4689
For those you you who have the Stop & Start feature on your car, does it work as expected?

My 2015 C4GP worked as expected for a while but hasn't worked now for long time. Thinking it was because I didn't regularly use the car on long journeys, I charged the battery. The charger said the battery was fully charged, the Eco light on the dashbaord flashes when I come to a halt, but it doesn't cut out.

I am hoping that this Start/Stop is not some sort of scam like the VW emissions issue and that the Eco function only works for a time.
routemaster1   
Fri Dec 01 2017, 04:21am
Member No: #574
Mine still works after ~26,000 miles. There have been a couple of occasions when I wondered whether it was functioning, usually after it hasn't run for a couple of days. There was one occasion when, despite having driven round the local area for 2 or 3 hours, the system wouldn't work, so I decided to go to the agent. Of course, Murphey's Law applied, and on my last stop before the agent the system started to work again.

So, now I don't expect the system to work when the engine is cold, and I don't expect it to work for a couple of hours after the car has stood still for a couple of days. There are certain conditions when it doesn't work, but the only one I am certain of is that it will not work when the outside temperature is 35 degrees or over.

Similar applies to our C3, which although fitted with stop/start, is a different system to our C4GP.
Richard_C   
Fri Dec 01 2017, 05:23am
Member No: #46470
Mine working fine but at this time of year it doesn't cut in as often.

Lots of variables affect voltage and current demands, so if aircon, fan, headlights and so on are drawing lots of current even if voltage is OK it doesn't stop. At this time of year headlights and heater fan are usually working hard for a lot of the day.
Wutang   
Fri Dec 01 2017, 07:43am
Member No: #46858
Mine was not working at all, just flashing green ECO when stationary, I had the battery tested and it was down to under 60%. Spoke to Citroen who said that the battery needs to be 76% or above for the system to work (this is not charge but is the % left compared to when new.) I had the battery replaced and the system now works all the time, I presumed that it would not work if the engine was not up to temp but that is not the case.

I know some people will say they don't like it but I drive in to London every day so it makes a noticeable difference to my consumption now it is working correctly.

Richard
A380   
Wed Dec 06 2017, 12:29pm
Member No: #16957
New battery sorted out my start stop system.
matjam   
Thu Dec 07 2017, 11:05am
Member No: #47314
Quick question then regarding batteries:
How long would you expect one to last? Our Pic is now 4 years old.

Cheers,
Matt
proinnsias   
Thu Dec 07 2017, 12:22pm
Member No: #43821
I've usually found OEM ones to last up to 6 or 7 years before they start to get "sluggish", though some soldier on a little beyond that

After that, it depends on what you're willing to pay ... inexpensive ones get a 1 year warranty, and are usually toast by year 2. High end ones aren't that much more expensive up-front, but come with a 5 year warranty (keep the receipt, they usually only last 4 in my experience!)
2 User said Thank You to proinnsias for this Post :
 matjam (08 Dec 2017 : 14:01) , BigJohnD (10 Dec 2017 : 15:52)
Rosanbo   
Sun Jan 14 2018, 06:03pm
Member No: #49885
Mine works when engine is cold. I don't like it and turn it off at start up every time.

It is too quick to turn the engine off, so when you approache a roundabout and lift off the throttle only for a second the engine cuts off and then it has to restart it 1 second later... silly.

When is the UK warmer than 35 degrees? LOL
routemaster1   
Mon Jan 15 2018, 03:56am
Member No: #574
Rosanbo wrote ...

Mine works when engine is cold. I don't like it and turn it off at start up every time.

It is too quick to turn the engine off, so when you approache a roundabout and lift off the throttle only for a second the engine cuts off and then it has to restart it 1 second later... silly.

When is the UK warmer than 35 degrees? LOL

Is it automatic? On the manual I have it only cuts out when speed is lower than 12mph with the clutch depressed.
You are right about the 35 degrees in the UK, but it has happened to me 2 or 3 times on the continent. It is noticable particularly if you have been parked in the sun, when the temperature recorded can be very high, then it drops rapidly after you drive away.
FrankBullitt   
Mon Jan 15 2018, 04:51am

Member No: #19238
The e-HDi models with EGS/ETG have the issue where it cuts the engine at low speed (ie the automated clutch has disengaged) even if it was never your plan to come to a stop - that would drive me nuts

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, Forum Moderator, Forum Moderator, Premier Member, Technical Expert, New C4 and DS4 Forum Moderators, Member