or Login >>         
C4 - DS4 Owners :: Forums :: Citroen C4 Picasso and Grand C4 Picasso (B78) 2013 onward :: C4 Picasso and Grand C4 Picasso (B78) Ice and Satnav questions

SMEG Physical Upgrade

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
MichaelMD1978   
Mon Nov 20 2017, 08:43am
Member No: #49924
Hello guys, I am new to this forum and also new to owning a Citroen. I hope I can find some answers here.

I have a 2014 Grand C4 Picasso, the SMEG Version of my system is 5.1.F.R4. The current system does not have GPS/SATNAV, so I was wondering if I could have the entire physical SMEG replaced with a newer version that does have SATNAV. and if so, where could I have it done? Any ideas would be absolutely welcomed. Thank you all in advance.
danlat1415   
Mon Nov 20 2017, 10:02am
Member No: #48933
You could do, but you'd need to replace the full unit and upper screen, then they'd need to be paired with your car.

To be honest, it's going to be a lot cheaper for you to get a decent satnav and clip onto your dashboard.
The satnav on the Citroen is very poor and I personally never use it. I always use the navigation on my mobile phone - which gets constant traffic updates from Google Maps.
Keith   
Mon Nov 20 2017, 12:07pm
Member No: #25323
danlat1415 wrote ...
The satnav on the Citroen is very poor and I personally never use it. I always use the navigation on my mobile phone - which gets constant traffic updates from Google Maps.

I have to agree. It will get you to your destination but not necessary via the fastest or shortest route,
iscom   
Thu Oct 17 2019, 09:48am
Member No: #20936
Just out of interest I upgrade my system to the android / ilink / Mirror version
babos   
Fri Oct 18 2019, 10:13am
Member No: #54525
iscom wrote ...

Just out of interest I upgrade my system to the android / ilink / Mirror version

You changed a lot of stuff ? And the display has a better resolution & works better?
iscom   
Fri Oct 18 2019, 10:41am
Member No: #20936
Yes and No some things are better and some are not i.e. when you list the radio stations there is too much red and not easy to see the name of the station. The same with the Pre-set stations unless they have the station logo very hard to see. The google maps work fine but find the Tunein radio stations seem to buffer a lot I will try Tunein via Bluetooth as I did on my old system and see if its the phone or the unit. The main disappointment is my Sygic maps won't work unless I get a MirrorLink phone

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, Forum Moderator, Forum Moderator, Premier Member, Technical Expert, New C4 and DS4 Forum Moderators, Member