or Login >>         
C4 - DS4 Owners :: Forums :: C4 Picasso and Grand Picasso - PRE 2013 only :: C4 Picasso Problems and issues

Exhaust smell in the car

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
Aa_ron   
Mon Nov 13 2017, 12:25pm
Member No: #48726
I drove the car home this afternoon, on route I noticed a very strong smell of exhaust fumes in the car, its a 1.6HDI. Now I've opened up the bonnet to find the following, the plastic tubing that runs from what looks to be the air box rearwards to wards the EGR valve was loose at the back, a tight fighting rubber seal had come loose. the next was that same pipe was also unclipped at the front. So reconnected these pipes but also noticed an orange seal connecting the turbo to another large black piping has split, could this be the main cause of the exhaust gasses? also does anyone know the part number?
rusky   
Tue Nov 14 2017, 06:37am
Member No: #27768
It's likely to be the injector seals & you need to get it sorted ASAP otherwise you are risking the turbo.

Pop the engine cover off & look at the injectors. If there's back soot/oil then you'll need to get the seals checked & probably replaced. No2 & 3 are the usual culprits.
1 User said Thank You to rusky for this Post :
 Aa_ron (3 Days ago)
riven1962   
Tue Nov 14 2017, 01:33pm
Member No: #18905

I had No 2 fixed a few weeks ago, while the car was being serviced.
1 User said Thank You to riven1962 for this Post :
 Aa_ron (3 Days ago)

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, Forum Moderator, Forum Moderator, Premier Member, Technical Expert, New C4 and DS4 Forum Moderators, Member