or Login >>         
C4 - DS4 Owners :: Forums :: Coupe and Hatch Pre 2011 cars :: C4 Coupe and Hatch (pre 2011) Problems?

2006 C4 Coupe Rear Brake Light Problems

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
a_mckelvey1986   
Sat Nov 11 2017, 09:49am
Member No: #49850
Hi Everyone,

Im sure this discussion has come up before in the past, but no previous threads have answered my problem.

At the moment my rear brake lights fail to work except the third brake light. I have attempted to change my bulbs, brake light switch and fuses for the rear. None of this has solved the problem.

I previously has a small rear shunt with another car and water does seem to be slowly leaking into the boot well, but no visible damage to back of the car. I also noticed that the rubber seal between the rear hatch and body was detached so had to clip that back into place. the passengers side rear light clutser (UK) was also condensated.

since doing this I have dried out the car with no success of getting the lights working again. ALL other rear lights and functions work which confuses me even more. I have even used another set of bulbs to test and no luck.

I'm trying to avoid taking it to a garage to remove the rear bumper etc at all costs.

Any help would be appreciated.

routemaster1   
Sat Nov 11 2017, 11:26am
Member No: #574
Check the wiring between the roof and the tailgate. This frequently breaks due to metal fatigue.
a_mckelvey1986   
Tue Nov 14 2017, 08:22am
Member No: #49850
The part which confuses me is the fact that the brake lights work very intermittently. So if the loom is broken do I need to replace the whole loom? Plus will the rear bumper need removed if required? I will get the mechanic to check for me.

Thanks for your advice.
riven1962   
Tue Nov 14 2017, 01:37pm
Member No: #18905
There are pictures of how some people have repaired the loom on here. The bumper won't need to be removed as the wiring loom appears in the boot at the top left hand when you open the boot. The wires inside the rubber boot are prone to rubbing together. Have a look here to see how others have repaired the loom.

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, Forum Moderator, Forum Moderator, Premier Member, Technical Expert, New C4 and DS4 Forum Moderators, Member