or Login >>         
C4 - DS4 Owners :: Forums :: C4 2011 (B7) DS4 and DS4 CROSSBACK :: Problems and issues

engine fault - need repair

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
yovavb   
Fri Nov 03 2017, 04:51am
Member No: #14234
I get a "engine fault - need repair" and check engine light is on.
OBDii scanner finds no fault codes.
anybody seen this before?
Biohead   
Sat Nov 04 2017, 04:31am

Member No: #6049
There will be some fault code stored if the EML (Engine Management Light) is on. Are you sure your OBD2 tool is setup to use the correct protocol?

A Lexia/Diagbox tool should definitely be able to find the code - but a generic OBD2 tool should also be able to get codes that trigger the EML.
yovavb   
Sun Nov 12 2017, 09:47am
the service got a fault code, didn't tell me what it was. they thought it was the electric variable intake valves system. they crossed the 2 electric valves, fault stayed the same, they thought it was the mechanic part of the variable intake valves system, replaced it but fault stayed the same. they thought it was the timing system, ran all sort of tests all came in spec, then they sent the engine ECU to the lab. turned out it was the ECU. the wife took the car out today and says its running....
yovavb   
Sun Nov 12 2017, 09:50am
Biohead wrote ...

There will be some fault code stored if the EML (Engine Management Light) is on. Are you sure your OBD2 tool is setup to use the correct protocol?

A Lexia/Diagbox tool should definitely be able to find the code - but a generic OBD2 tool should also be able to get codes that trigger the EML.

I guess the OBD2 is set up correctly as it reads all the live data and can run all teh tests.

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, Forum Moderator, Forum Moderator, Premier Member, Technical Expert, New C4 and DS4 Forum Moderators, Member