or Login >>         
C4 - DS4 Owners :: Forums :: Coupe and Hatch Pre 2011 cars :: C4 Coupe and Hatch (pre 2011) Problems?

Weird clutch problem

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
zamar   
Sun Oct 29 2017, 04:41am
Member No: #45564
Hi all!
First of all sorry for my poor english I hope I'll be understandable.
I've got a '06 1.6 NFU manual C4. There is about 80000km in it.
The clutch has been changed about one week ago. The problem was if I lift the clutch pedal around idle the car was shaking. I've read that it's a common issue and it was told it's a clutch failure. The pedal was also hard to press.
One of my friends is a repairman so he changed the whole mechanism. Pressure plate, release bearing, clutch disc and also the release bearing guide tube was changed.
When the engine and the gearbox are cold the pedal goes very easily. But when everything is getting warmer the pedal is a little harder coming up. It's very annoying because I can't shift gears correctly because I can't feel the clutch's catch pont. The shaking thing came back also near idle. Do you guys have any suggestion? My repairmen ordered another set and will change the whole mechanism again but I don't think that it's a clutch problem.
Is there anyone who has met with this problem already?
Thank you in advance!
fulabeer   
Sun Oct 29 2017, 04:46am
Member No: #45669
Maybe a dual mass flywheel problem. Or a broken engine mount?
zamar   
Sun Oct 29 2017, 05:26am
fulabeer wrote ...

Maybe a dual mass flywheel problem. Or a broken engine mount?

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. It’s a petrol engine and hasn’t got dual mass flywheel.
fulabeer   
Sun Oct 29 2017, 12:32pm
Member No: #45669
Sorry, just assumed 1.6 HDi etc.
I'm not an expert, hopefully somebody here will post soon.
Maybe the hydraulic clutch fluid needs replacing? Any moisture in the hydraulic oil will alter the action when warmed etc.
zamar   
Mon Oct 30 2017, 05:56pm
fulabeer wrote ...

Sorry, just assumed 1.6 HDi etc.
I'm not an expert, hopefully somebody here will post soon.
Maybe the hydraulic clutch fluid needs replacing? Any moisture in the hydraulic oil will alter the action when warmed etc.

It also has been changed. The engine mounts are worth a try. I found this.

Cpt.Iglo   
Wed May 09 2018, 03:53pm
Member No: #46582
Late response, but I'm having the EXACT same problem with my EW10J4 138hp VTS. When I bought the car the clutch was a bit weird, I booked it in at the Citroën dealership and had it checked over. One of the things they found was that there was oil leaking between the engineblock and the gearbox.

So I brought it back to the place I bought it at and had the crankseal replaced under warranty to fix the oil leak and while the gearbox was out, I had the clutch replaced. The problems started then. Has been like this for 2.5 years and I'm pretty sure I'm sick of it. Its driveable with the aircon turned off (less resistance on the engine), but with the aircon engaged its pretty much impossible to operate the clutch smoothly.

Zamar, any solution to this?
Cpt.Iglo   
Mon Jul 02 2018, 04:31am
Member No: #46582
Finally someone with the exact same problem that I'm having and he's not responding

Damn dead forum

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, Forum Moderator, Forum Moderator, Premier Member, Technical Expert, New C4 and DS4 Forum Moderators, Member