or Login >>         
C4 - DS4 Owners :: Forums :: Citroen C4 Picasso and Grand C4 Picasso (B78) 2013 onward :: C4 Picasso and Grand C4 Picasso (B78) Ice and Satnav questions

2017 Connect Nav latest update

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
daverave53   
Wed Sep 20 2017, 10:05am
Member No: #49439
Hi All

Picked up a new Grand C4 Picasso in July and have been lurking on the site for some time but feel now is the time to join in and post.

Yesterday for the first time when I logged on to the mycitroen site I was please to see an upgrade available for the satnav firmware and map.

For those interested the latest firmware is V21.05.90.42_NAC_r1 and the latest map is V.5.0.1_r0

Beware when downloading as these files total some 10GB before unzipping so take some time to download and the update itself requires a 16GB USB memory stick and takes about 30 min to complete during which time eco must be turned off and the engine left running.

I also downloaded the instructions for installing the files which was quite handy but still managed to press the wrong button and ended up installing the firmware for a second time by mistake!!!! My only excuse is that the instruction are in Spanish which is not my native tongue and I read it wrong!!!!

Not noticed any big changes so far but will let you know if I find any.
1 User said Thank You to daverave53 for this Post :
 dadtwins (26 Oct 2017 : 07:02)
waynieoaks   
Thu Sep 21 2017, 05:18am
Member No: #46500
Hi
This is exactly the news I have been waiting for - thank you.

However I logged into mycitroen I still cannot see anything relating to the updates and it still tells me to go to citroen.navigation.com

Did you find this directly on the front page or is it hidden away somewhere?

Many thanks.
daverave53   
Thu Sep 21 2017, 06:23am
If you log on to mycitroen ( I assume you vehicle VIN is registered) under the "My Vehicle" tab at the top on the right under "My Vehicle Data" there is a "citroen connect nav" tab. Click on that and it should take you to a page with updates to download.

I dont remember seeing the tab before so it may only just have appeared. I know from discussions on the french forum it is still not available on the belgium site but is on the french one so perhaps not on the uk site either yet. I`m registered on the Spanish site.
waynieoaks   
Mon Sep 25 2017, 12:48pm
Alas still not show on the UK site and the dealers still do not have any information from Citroen on how to update the maps. I guess I will keep checking MyCitroen and hope for the best.

Many thanks.
daverave53   
Mon Sep 25 2017, 02:37pm
Judging from your comments about dealers having no information and the fact that your system should have had at least one update previously based on age I doubt your dealer correctly signed you up for connected nav.
If you look at your sat nav screen on the 7" display in the bottom right corner it should say tomtom traffic. If it only ever says TMC then your dealer has not activated the service on the citroen site and you will NEVER get updates. You should also have signed and been given a copy of the connected nav service agreement when you purchased the car.
waynieoaks   
Mon Sep 25 2017, 02:42pm
Hi

I have been registered for Connected Nav and get the traffic and camera updates - TomTom in the bottom right unless I forget my phone

The service agreement states that map updated will be available via mycitroen but sadly, so far, they are not.
daverave53   
Mon Sep 25 2017, 03:19pm
Hang on that's not right. If your Citroen system has been activated correctly you don't need your phone. It's built in to the citroen navigation system.

If you go into mycitroen on your phone and click on the last tab (looks like a book with a car on the front), does it show Navigation services as active if you click on it? (Should show a begin and end date)
waynieoaks   
Tue Sep 26 2017, 01:58pm
Hi

I don't know if it is still the case, but in the UK October last year the only choice was Connect Nav via bluetooth / wifi teather. My subscription for traffic, speed cameras etc. is active until Nov 2019.

All the paperwork says I will get updates through the MyCitroen website which so far sadly is not the case.

It all seems activated and I got a firmware update on the recent service - but no option for updated maps.
daverave53   
Tue Sep 26 2017, 02:56pm
Sorry but that has never been the case with the new system.

I bet you were told that by some pubescent sales rep who knew no better and couldnt be bothered to check.

The system if registered by the dealer correctly is complete and works no matter what country you are in. If you want more info look at the discussion on this site.

- Click Here -

I suggest you go back to the dealer and ask him for proof your vehicle is registered on the OVS portal.(It stands for Outil de Vente de Service/Sales Tool of Services and is of exclusive use of the sales people at PSA. Nobody else can use it!)

If he gives you a blank look and doesnt know what you mean then you are not properly registered on the system.

For information today I have downloaded via mycitroen the latest map update which is V.6.0.0

EssexBoy   
Tue Sep 26 2017, 05:17pm
Member No: #49115
Connect Nav is via bluetooth and tether unless your car is equipped with the emergency sos system. I have the former, and it worked from day one as the dealer had correctly set it up on the OVS portal. My agreement clearly states that a phone is required with a data allowance of min 100mb per month. This was also explained to me at the time. I have queried the lack of map updates with Citroen who advise that any downloaded from MyCitroen France where they appear to be available will not be compatible for UK cars, and that map updates will be on MyCitroen UK 'soon'.
daverave53   
Wed Sep 27 2017, 03:03am
Not sure about that EssexBoy. According to the citroen uk website and latest brochure both the feel and flair 2016 editions should come with the emergency sos system as standard and waynieoaks is an Oct 16 Flair edition.

With regards to map updates from other mycitroen sites I have seen on various forums including the one quoted above and this one - Click Here -
that they are compatable provided its a european site. However I can understand your reluctance to test the theory.
EssexBoy   
Wed Sep 27 2017, 03:53am
Mine is a 2016 build Feel which came with a number of options including keyless entry, speed limit recognition, parking assistance. I didn't order them, it was a car from stock left over from the facelift models which were pushed out to dealers as demos, but it was unregistered and unused. Those equipped with emergency sos have the appropriate buttons in the roof console, which mine does not, so it does not have GSM built in. I think Citroen continually tweak the specs and some items which were standard become options and vice versa. As you say, the Connect Box now appears to be standard on the Feel.
Richard_C   
Wed Sep 27 2017, 05:29am
Member No: #46470
There seems to be more collective expertise and help on this forum and in the link posted above than in many dealerships! My current Pic is pre-facelift, but thinking ahead to my next car I have a couple of questions for those of you with the new versions.

It looks like the PSA model range roughly comes base model = nothing, midrange = mirror screen, top spec = satnav. Top spec often comes with more stuff than you really need or want so the ideal would be mid range. So the questions for those that have them:

• With mirror screen and a recent android phone you can connect phone using USB and get the phone functions on screen - correct?

• Does that mean you can use the phone satnav app displyed on the mirror screen - I tend to use 'here we go' because you can download whole countries but I am not particularly tied to that one. If you can it means you can avoid buying the Citroen satnav which looks fine but seems to be poorly supported.

• For those of you with citroen connect nav working properly, how much data do you use each month for traffic? The spec says phone with 100mb data which is trivial these days but what is the real world figure.

• Finally, if you are in a poor signal area - no data connection - I guess you lose traffic data altogether, is that so?

I could ask the dealer but would rather get answers from real users. Thanks.

daverave53   
Wed Sep 27 2017, 06:48am
I can´t answer your question regarding MirrorLink as my phone is not compatable (Samsung Note 3 ) however there is another option on my vehicle which is AndroidAuto (you need to download the app onto your phone via Play Store first) which when linked to my phone enables me to use the google maps app for navigation via the 7" touch screen. It also works for other software suitable for AndroidAuto: I would imagine that MirrorLink works in much the same way but has more functionality.

For Connect Nav provided you go for either the feel or flair trim level you will not need your mobile for traffic updates as the car has it built in (assuming the dealer registers it on the OVS portal!!!!).

My Connect Nav map has the whole of western europe on it so no need to load and change maps if you travel abroad. I have navigated from southern Spain through France and on to a post code in the UK with no problems. You can even set waypoints, avoid certain roads, avoid tolls and much more that I´m still learning about.

As for traffic info like any system its only as good as the signal received however when tomtom traffic is not being received it drops back to TMC traffic system ( an older FM traffic info system ). Although not as good as the Tomtom traffic it is better than nothing.

p.s. There is also a third connection option AppleCarPlay for iphone users which works the same as MirrorLink apparently.
EssexBoy   
Wed Sep 27 2017, 09:00am
As has already been mentioned, Citroen's UK site indicates that both Feel & Flair models come with Connect Box which means you do not need a phone for live traffic. However I would double check, since the specs do seem subject to change. You may find that Connect Box is still an optional item. If the car has it, then you will see two buttons in the roof console, one with the Citroen logo, and one red with 'SOS'

Check that your phone has Mirrorlink - it is part of the operating system and cannot be added by the user unless you 'root' your phone. My cheapo Samsung J5 does not have it. I think that a firmware update will add Android Auto, so that might be present already on new builds. Does the same thing as Mirrorlink, but should work on any Android phone.

Yes, you mirror your phones screen although I've never tried myself for the reason above.The built in system works well and is more convenient. The hassles are:

1. Getting it set up in the first instance. Fortunately my dealer knew what he was doing.

2. Updates - not yet officially available in UK for user download. I try not to obsess about having the very latest maps, but if Connect Nav had not been included free for 3 years in my purchase I might think differently. Hopefully they will be available on UK MyCitroen soon, but I'm not holding my breath.

Connect Nav used very little data, and 100mb per month is more than adequate. I have a PAYG phone, and have a data package of 500mb per month for £5. I think using your phone's satnav and Mirrorlink would consume quite a bit more data.

No signal = no traffic data

There is alot of discussion on PSA satnavs here:

- Click Here -

Good luck reading the 59 pages

Go to page       >>   

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, Forum Moderator, Forum Moderator, Premier Member, Technical Expert, New C4 and DS4 Forum Moderators, Member