or Login >>         
C4 - DS4 Owners :: Forums :: The Lounge :: The Lounge

Flight Delay

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
routemaster1   
Mon Sep 11 2017, 07:32am
Member No: #574
We are all aware of PPI claims and accident claims companies. Today I have received a letter from a company asking 'Are you due flight delay compensation' Anyone else had one of these? As usual, it is no win no fee, but it should be a simple matter to claim for yourself!
neilp   
Tue Sep 12 2017, 06:11am
Member No: #3384
Not had anything in the post but I have heard adverts on local radio.
riven1962   
Tue Sep 12 2017, 10:57am
Member No: #18905
Same as neilp, received nothing but heard it on the radio. Better tell my mate in work when he gets back, 7.1/2 hour delay last Saturday going to Cape Verde.
AndrewM   
Tue Sep 12 2017, 03:11pm
Member No: #34563
Had a 24hr delay with BA in Cairo recently. They have a link on the BA website to make a claim which I did and they paid out within 5 days.

No need to involve a 3rd party and lose a portion of the payout!
neilp   
Wed Sep 13 2017, 03:30am
Member No: #3384
A bit more info I found.
- Click Here -
routemaster1   
Wed Sep 13 2017, 03:35am
Thanks for all the replies. I know about the compensation, as it features frequently on varios consumer programs with Angela Ripon, Gloria Hunniford and Simon Calder, and is frquently discussed on Radio 5 live. I just found it annoying that a company should send out letters to make money out of what should be a simple process, and specifically, why they should send it to me!
routemaster1   
Sat Sep 16 2017, 03:01am
I think that the information above may be useful to some people

- Click Here -

I have never flown with this airline, and after this I very much doubt I ever will. PR disaster!
paully   
Mon Sep 18 2017, 06:05am
Member No: #42086
Looks like Hitler has found out about all the cancellations as well!!

- Click Here -
routemaster1   
Mon Sep 18 2017, 07:08am
I just don't understand what Ryanair are up to. They have only given information about cancellations until this Wednesday, so many travellers for Thursday's flights have no idea whether their flights will go ahead. The compensation system should either give a full refund plus compenastion, or to be rebooked on another airline. I don't know who's decision it is which option you get, but I cannot see Ryanair making any effoerts to rebook on another airline, and it may cost a fortune if another airline is available. As Ryanair do not generally fly in competition on routes, there may not be a viable alternative. You have people who don't know whether their outbound flight is going; others are stranded because their returns are cancelled or there is no certainty that the flights will operate. I just hope that insurance will cover further losses, but a cancelled trip and loss of comany holiday is difficult to compensate for.

In two weeks time we are flying to Rome (on Easyjet). I'm damn glad that I am not with Ryanair, and I never will go with them after this.

Sorry about the rant!!

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, Forum Moderator, Forum Moderator, Premier Member, Technical Expert, New C4 and DS4 Forum Moderators, Member