or Login >>         
C4 - DS4 Owners :: Forums :: Coupe and Hatch Pre 2011 cars :: C4 Coupe Hatch and General Questions

Newbie with a radio question or two

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
ratc69   
Thu Sep 07 2017, 07:35pm
Member No: #49347
Hi I have a Citroen C4 2007 1.6Hdi Cool and I want to swap the radio to a aftermarket head unit that I have which is Bluetooth and iPhone compatible. I have looked at pages and pages of information and to be honest it's not clear what Connect2 lead I should buy. I have the Blaupunkt RD4 N1 and have included some photos of my current radio and a picture of the wiring at the back of the radio.

WHAT I have found is I need a Connects2 CT20CT02 Citroen C4 04> Car Stereo Radio ISO Harness Adaptor Wiring. Or a

Connects2 CT20CT03 Citroen C4 04> Car Stereo Radio ISO Harness Adaptor Wiring. Which includes the Fakra to Din adapter.

I am not bothered about loosing the steering wheel controls and the only other thing I need to know about is the menu settings built within the radio. So will they stay the same or will they go back to Kmh.

Many thanks for your help with this.

Rob.

Sorry the photos won't upload from my tablet so can email them if someone wants to have a look. Cheers

HansZarkov   
Fri Sep 08 2017, 01:25am
Member No: #28218
Hi Rob,
Email Connects2, with your details & they will supply the exact info you need. Connects2 don't actually supply the wiring to the end user, so once you get the info you will have to source it yourself

You won't be able to set the date or the basic settings without the original radio, unless you change the steering wheel controls to include the lower buttons. You can pick one of these up at a local scrap yard easily.

John
wozza   
Fri Sep 08 2017, 02:06pm

Member No: #2
You can change the settings with the correct Connects2 lead. Just involves long presses on the volume section controls. I can't remember exactly what does what now it's been that long since I had the C4 and cable that did it.

Without the steering controls. Unless you have a VTR+ or higher spec. It'll be a pain if the battery dies or when you want to set time for summer etc.
BigJohnD   
Fri Sep 08 2017, 06:33pm

Member No: #82
ratc69   
Sat Sep 09 2017, 06:59am
Cheers Guys. As i thought there was no easy option so might look at the
usb route.

Thanks again

Rob
wozza   
Sat Sep 09 2017, 05:52pm

Member No: #2
It's easy enough. If you tell me what headunit you want and I'll tell you what adaptors to get.

Otherwise. A USB box is a decent option. But after market does offer some advantages. In terms of features and quality of sound. An generally much better phone integration.
ratc69   
Sat Sep 09 2017, 08:34pm
Hi Wozza the head unit I have is Sony MEX-N5100BE. I purchased it about 2 months before I got my C4 and it's been in its box ever since. it's a shame as it has loads of functions on the radio which I used.

Cheers for the help.

Rob.

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, Forum Moderator, Forum Moderator, Premier Member, Technical Expert, New C4 and DS4 Forum Moderators, Member