or Login >>         
C4 - DS4 Owners :: Forums :: Coupe and Hatch Pre 2011 cars :: C4 Coupe Hatch and General Questions

Crunching/creaking nose from Left Hand Passeneger side

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
daviec88   
Sat Sep 09 2017, 10:37am
Member No: #49364
Newbie here.

The website has been great for bits and bobs, but there is one problem I am having difficulty diagnosing.

Car is a Citroen C4 2008 Diesel.

There is a crunching/creaky noise coming from the front left hand side of the car (passenger side). It has been in the garage several times and the mechanic cannot find where noise is coming from.

Got a service last week and they "tightened up" all the bolts in that region. The noise slightly went, however it soon came back. Drop link was also replaced.

One thought that it could be a problem with the suspension, but the noise doesnt seem to be connected with the suspension. When I go over large speed bumps the noise isnt always there, however, when i go over smaller bumps, or accelerate on the flat, it comes and goes.

Any thoughts?

I have been thinking it might be something in the pax air vent?
The diagram on this topic: i am missing item 6 & 4. Item 8 is then rather loose.http://c4owners.org/plugins/forum/forum_viewtopic.php?46227

I have had the car for 4 years, but its only been the last 6 month this noise has started. Its getting a tad annoying

Fontaine3064   
Sat Sep 09 2017, 11:13am
Member No: #49234
daviec88 wrote ...

Newbie here.

The website has been great for bits and bobs, but there is one problem I am having difficulty diagnosing.

Car is a Citroen C4 2008 Diesel.

There is a crunching/creaky noise coming from the front left hand side of the car (passenger side). It has been in the garage several times and the mechanic cannot find where noise is coming from.
Probably anti roll bar bushes or links
Got a service last week and they "tightened up" all the bolts in that region. The noise slightly went, however it soon came back. Drop link was also replaced.

One thought that it could be a problem with the suspension, but the noise doesnt seem to be connected with the suspension. When I go over large speed bumps the noise isnt always there, however, when i go over smaller bumps, or accelerate on the flat, it comes and goes.

Any thoughts?

I have been thinking it might be something in the pax air vent?
The diagram on this topic: i am missing item 6 & 4. Item 8 is then rather loose.http://c4owners.org/plugins/forum/forum_viewtopic.php?46227

I have had the car for 4 years, but its only been the last 6 month this noise has started. Its getting a tad annoying

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, Forum Moderator, Forum Moderator, Premier Member, Technical Expert, New C4 and DS4 Forum Moderators, Member