or Login >>         
C4 - DS4 Owners :: Forums :: Market Place :: Market Place

Wanted: Air conditioning pipe C4 Grand Picasso 2.0 HDi - SORTED

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
TriumphGuy   
Sat Sep 02 2017, 12:50pm
Member No: #47272
As the title says I'm after a pipe for the aircon on my C4GP. I have just replaced the condenser and in doing so I damaged the end of the pipe which goes into the bottom of the condesnser. This was due to electrolytic corrosion between the pipe and condenser which are made of different metals. It sheared off right where the O ring is so it will never seal properly so the only option is a replacement section. It is the narrower pipe so it is the high pressure side of the system and there's the valve and a pressure switch and it goes round the offside inner wing and along the bulkhead and into the matrix. There's nothing on eBay and the dealer will probably be asking the earth for a brand new part so I'm hoping somebody on here can help. I'm willing to pay a fair price and I can collect if it isn't too far away.
TriumphGuy   
Sun Sep 03 2017, 05:49pm
I think I might be sorted. I messaged one of the eBay sellers that were selling aircon pipes and they might have what I need. I'll keep you posted.
TriumphGuy   
Mon Sep 11 2017, 01:20am
Just to let you know that I'm now sorted. The above mentioned eBay seller had what I needed, listed the part and I've bought it. Once it has arrived, I can get it fitted and get the aircon system recharged. I just hope I don't have the same problem when I come to remove the other end of the pipe where it goes into the bulkhead. I've got a set of metric O rings and some penetrating fluid from my local Toolstation so hopefully it should be straightforward.
TriumphGuy   
Sun Sep 17 2017, 02:43pm
The pipe turned up and I got it fitted yesterday and it all went without a single hitch. The end of the line where it goes into the evaporator at the back of the bulkhead was awkward to get to (removing the engine cover helps) but I got there in the end. I had the system recharged at my local Kwik Fit this morning (the proper recharge unlike the £30 Halfords top up) and I now have fully working aircon. If it is still working after a few days then I can call it fixed.

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, Forum Moderator, Forum Moderator, Premier Member, Technical Expert, New C4 and DS4 Forum Moderators, Member