or Login >>         
C4 - DS4 Owners :: Forums :: C4 Picasso and Grand Picasso - PRE 2013 only :: C4 Picasso and Grand Picasso General questions

AUX port

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
Cyanide65   
Fri Aug 18 2017, 01:44pm
Member No: #49208
Hi all

I have a 2007 C4 Grand Picasso Exclusive with a 6 CD changer pre installed, I would like an AUX port instead of the CD changer I have a looked on Amazon for the port and 3.5mm jack that would need to be plugged in to the same port as the CD changer.

Would I still need to go to Pug/Cit dealer to have the port activated or would it work by unplugging the CD changer and plugging the AUX adaptor in? If not does anyone know how much they would charge?

Sorry know absolutely diddly about cars and electrics.

Thanks in advance
FakeConcern   
Fri Aug 18 2017, 02:44pm
Member No: #24127
On my VTS replacing the pre installed CD changer with a USB Box needed no extra activation. If your car did not already have the changer then it would probably need to be actvated.
Cyanide65   
Fri Aug 18 2017, 03:48pm
Member No: #49208
The car was second hand so unsure who actually installed it but it all works fine with no issue apart from not knowing how to use it properly, I do have a Parrot CK3100 handsfree kit also installed that apparently uses the AUX port so technically the port is activated just that I can't select it from the SOURCE menu due to it being occupied by either the changer or the Parrot either way I'm tempted to pull both out as they don't get used.
BigJohnD   
Sun Aug 20 2017, 01:17pm

Member No: #82
All depends what you mean by AUX port…

I'm assuming your car has the standard RD4 with a quadlock connector.

There are two additional parts to the connector beside the standard ISO for loudspeakers etc.

The first, known as Part B offers 2 conventional AUX ports, depending on how the connections are wired up, which are simply Left, Right and Ground. They are basic inputs and without any pre-amp.

The second, Part C, is where the CD Changer is connected and has additional pins for power, control and metadata. Hopefully your hands free kit uses this.

See these threads:
- Click Here - and
- Click Here -

You will need to remove the head unit to check how the Parrott is connected, and all ports have to be activated to work.

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, Forum Moderator, Forum Moderator, Premier Member, Technical Expert, New C4 and DS4 Forum Moderators, Member