or Login >>         
C4 - DS4 Owners :: Forums :: C4 Picasso and Grand Picasso - PRE 2013 only :: C4 Picasso and Grand Picasso General questions

Desperate HELP required for info on Installation and setup of gear selector AL4 4 speed auto C4GP

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
ap2   
Tue Aug 15 2017, 03:01am
Member No: #32325
Hi All,

Hoping someone can help me here, I have managed to mess up the gear selection on my C4GP its a 2.0L petrol with the 4 speed AL4 auto box. Like an idiot I was messing around with Lexia and clicked the wrong button now I can no longer select gears from within the vehicle. It made a few noises when I clicked the button and I think it has broken the gear selector actuator. I have a new actuator on order, I am after the correct setup procedure so that I do not damage anything else. It mentions in the Lexia about removing the rod, I assume this is the rod from the actuator to the selector on top of the box?

Any help would be greatly appreciated, as the car is required for our holidays that start next week

Thanks.
ap2   
Thu Aug 24 2017, 06:13am
Bit of an update, got the new gear change solenoid and it is fitted but still not able to program gear change sequence. I am getting a error code U0404 CANbus error. So I'm guessing this is stopping the programming from completing. Ideally I am after a wiring diagram for my car, can't find one in the resource centre. Any ideas on where I can get one specific to my car? That way I can check the looms for broken wires bad connections etc, unless anyone has any other suggestions?

Thanks.
BigJohnD   
Thu Aug 24 2017, 07:59am

Member No: #82
I've seen a few Citroen wiring diagrams, and apart from them being in French (Bl = White, No = Black, etc), they are a nightmare to understand.
ap2   
Fri Sep 22 2017, 03:37pm
Right still not got this sorted need to pull my finger out, is there any usual places where the wiring breaks or has other issues that I can start with, if push comes to it I am going to have to remove the loom and test each wire individually as still cant find any wiring diagrams.
BigJohnD   
Fri Sep 22 2017, 06:12pm

Anything in here? - Click Here -
ap2   
Sat Sep 23 2017, 03:41pm
Been through all the resources no joy, info there on the box itself but nothing specific to it in a C4GP with the electronic gear change.
BigJohnD   
Sat Sep 23 2017, 06:03pm

You might need to subscribe to service.citroen.com for what you need.
ap2   
Sun Sep 24 2017, 02:45am
BigJohnD wrote ...

You might need to subscribe to service.citroen.com for what you need.

Thanks, will take a look.
ap2   
Mon Sep 25 2017, 10:42am
Ok a little bit more of an update, after stripping most of the front passenger side of the car and checking all connections to ECU's etc I have now managed to clear the fault code U0404 which was causing the issue. Now however I have a new code U1310 when I look through the U codes in the resources and look at U1310 it seems to give a description for U1308? Has anyone any other U codes other than what is on here?

Thanks.

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, Forum Moderator, Forum Moderator, Premier Member, Technical Expert, New C4 and DS4 Forum Moderators, Member