or Login >>         
C4 - DS4 Owners :: Forums :: Styling Performance and Upgrading :: Engine Modifications

Upgrading transmission - C4 2.0i 16V VTS

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
Luki   
Mon Aug 14 2017, 06:17am
Member No: #42838
Hi Everyone,

I'm thinking about upgrading some of the transmission on my 2.0i 16V VTS coupe (2006). Had the following in mind: short shifter (-35% stick travel) + lightweight flywheel (4.3 kg) + up-rated organic clutch.

These being transmission upgrades that do not require messing with gears and ratios should ensure a smoother gear change and maybe shave off a few points of a second in sprints from zero - however, I'd like to hear if anyone has had more hands on experience with the listed parts. My mechanic, who specializes in 206 RC and C4 VTS says the below flywheel and clutch will fit the C4 (they are ordered from PUG tuning shop) but i still haven't called the dealer to confirm that 100%.

4H-TECH BE4 (5 speed) short shifter

Billet Steel Flywheel (4.3 kg only)

Helix organic clutch

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, Forum Moderator, Forum Moderator, Premier Member, Technical Expert, New C4 and DS4 Forum Moderators, Member