or Login >>         
C4 - DS4 Owners :: Forums :: C4 Picasso and Grand Picasso - PRE 2013 only :: C4 Picasso Problems and issues

Stutters when setting off in A1

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
gt160   
Thu Jun 29 2017, 02:35am
Member No: #44878
Hi,

I have a citroen c4gp egs 1.6 hdi. I am new to the egs and automatics in general so bare with me.

The car drives fine and changes gears fine the rest of the time. When setting off in A1 it stutters briefly before setting off. The car was in for the MOT with a citroen main dealer..... ( i dont normally use main dealers but i figured the egs could be complicated so they maybe best placed to look at it....thankfully passed mot with only silly issues which i didnt spot when prepping the car for the mot) they reckon the car will require a new clutch (unfortunately they wouldnt give me the lexia readings 4000 - 6000) but is at 7800. There also admittably does appear to be an oil leak near the gearbox flywheel end (does not look major).

I dont like to slag off garages etc, but in all honesty they inspired me with no confidence to an accurate diagnosis of the fault ....and just stated it will require the gearbox out etc before they can give a definite answer!! If it was a clutch would it not struggle in all gears.

I have heard of the hard reset method for the clutch point to reset gave it a go yesterday but dont think i did it right and it didnt work.

What im after is for recommendation or ideas for someone i could reliably take the car to investigate and identify the fault. Is it possible to recalibrate the gears and clutch using lexia and if so is there anyone on here that could look at it for me please. I realise this wont be a cheap repair but want to spend money with someone who is knowledgeable and comes recommended of the system.

I am in Devon but regularly commute and part live from Devon to Norfolk .....so am pretty flexible in terms of where.

rusky   
Thu Jun 29 2017, 04:01pm
Member No: #27768
Do you mean stutters as in you put your foot on the accelerator & it hesitates or there's a judder when pulling away?

If it's a stutter it could be a partly blocked EGR valve but a judder could be clutch adjustment.
1 User said Thank You to rusky for this Post :
 gt160 (30 Jun 2017 : 14:50)
gt160   
Fri Jun 30 2017, 02:53pm
Sorry i should have been clearer, its more of a judder when pulling away. How can the clutch be adjusted is it a lexia job?
rusky   
Fri Jun 30 2017, 03:46pm
If it judders then try the hard reset method again or try to find someone with diagbox/lexia to re-calibrate it.

May also be engine mounts.
gt160   
Sat Jul 01 2017, 04:42am
tried the hard reset method, doesnt appear to be making a difference, but not sure if im doing it correct.....but cant see what i would be doing wrong. From stop. A1....foot down continously until a3 high revs then lets go i dont seem to notice anything in particular happen but not sure exactly what im looking for.

Anyone with lexia willing to offer a helping hand please....? Or is there a list someone with people who have lexia.
rusky   
Sat Jul 01 2017, 04:55am
I've always done it when the car is up to temperature. Not sure if it makes a difference.

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, Forum Moderator, Forum Moderator, Premier Member, Technical Expert, New C4 and DS4 Forum Moderators, Member