or Login >>         
C4 - DS4 Owners :: Forums :: The Lounge :: The Lounge

Leaving but will still visit

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
bluehdi   
Sun Jun 18 2017, 10:23am
Member No: #2617
Wasn't sure where to post this one, so please do move to elsewhere!

I have today ordered a new Peugeot 3008 180bhp auto (Sunset Copper) to replace my beloved C4GP. The change is only prompted as I do so like the new 3008. The GT spec improves on what I have now pretty much and the engine and technology is fab. There are real supply troubles, following a factory fire and demand for the GT Line models, so people have been waiting months for their factory ordered cars. I think the one I'll be getting is probably a cancelled order.

Although I wanted some options on the car, I've managed to find a brand new one in stock, which has a very high spec anyway in GT trim. I'll probably miss the Visio 360 and auto park function, which I won't have on the 3008. TBH I've only ever demonstrated this feature on my C4GP, never actually having used it to park anywhere!

I will still be checking C4owners very regularly and trying to contribute. Given the shared components and audio/visual similarities I'm sure I'll be able to continue to offer help or advice, based on my old and new experiences.

The trade in, means that the official set of Citroen rubber mats and original factory fit mats (hardly used) will appear in the for sale section, once I take delivery.

I'll keep you posted.
1 User said Thank You to bluehdi for this Post :
 vimto2000 (26 Jul 2017 : 06:15)
neilp   
Sun Jun 18 2017, 10:30am
Member No: #3384
Good luck with the new car. Sounds nice.
riven1962   
Tue Jun 20 2017, 05:00pm
Member No: #18905
Good luck with the Peugeot.
FrankBullitt   
Wed Jun 21 2017, 07:43am

Member No: #19238
The 3008 does look good, I agree, and it's on the list for our next car. Spec wise the GR is well equipped but the GT Line does without some important kit I'd expect at the price and the more rounded Allure can't be had with a 2.0HDi blue ruling that out for towing duties!
bluehdi   
Sun Jul 09 2017, 09:59am
Here is my new Peugeot 3008 GT 180 EAT6 in Sunset Copper with the standard fit 19" alloys. Very pleased indeed with the build quality and the technology which improves another level from my C4GP.

The BlueHdi 180bhp diesel EAT6 is a nice improvement over my previous BlueHdi 150bhp C4GP. Quieter on start up as well.

The active cruise with stop is quite remarkable. Combined with active lane departure, it pretty much drives itself on dual carriageways! Carplay has been discovered this weekend, so out goes the USB stick and in comes the music on my iPhone. Very well integrated into the car.

Tomtom navigation with live traffic and petrol prices is very useful indeed (and it works well).

I'll continue to keep tabs on the C4owners forum, as I'm sure there is plenty to share about my Peugeot with plenty of similarities with the current and future Citroen models.

riven1962   
Tue Jul 11 2017, 02:29am
Member No: #18905
Nice looking car.
FrankBullitt   
Tue Jul 11 2017, 03:42am

Member No: #19238
I do like them and have noticed discounts have started coming through on them now - our next car will probably be larger as the DS4 will not really be big enough in the back for our son in 3-4 years time so I am keeping an eye on the 3008/ DS7/C5 Aircross models. The 3008 does itself down by not having a 2.0HDi in Allure spec (GT Line adds little but starts getting expensive), the DS7 pricing is a bad joke (the launch version is £42k and has a number of things the 3008 GT has as standard, such as the panoramic roof) so it's down to a C5 Aircross with the 2.0 unit and 3008 depending on the used prices (buy at 12-18 months, sell at 4-5 years)

The colour looks great too.

Also, we will probably get a heavier caravan in 4-5 years so I need something a little more weighty next time!
bluehdi   
Tue Jul 11 2017, 02:56pm
Thanks for the kind comments. I managed to squeeze a discount of just over 14% on list price without taking any finance deals and from a UK Dealer! This on a model (GT) that has a 6 month wait for factory orders. Fortunately mine was the only stock car in the UK at the time.

Missed out on a couple of factory fit options, as my new car is standard spec, so have lost the automatic parking system I had on my C4GP and front camera but have gained lots of new standard GT features.

The 1.2 petrol is the one everyone is raving about, but I wanted all the bits and pieces and these come as standard on the GT. Every model is well equipped and the build quality is very good, building on my C4GP which was good.

Anyone wanting any advice, please do ask.
beemanga   
Wed Jul 12 2017, 04:59am
Member No: #41746
Lovely looking car and the very best of luck with it.
kyojitsu   
Mon Jul 17 2017, 03:30pm
Member No: #40171
Looks great and lovely colour choice. Definitely on my shortlist but wondering whether I should wait for 5008? How do you find the space overall compared to your previous car?
bluehdi   
Mon Jul 17 2017, 05:05pm
Thanks.

The 5008 looks pretty identical to the 3008, but it's length gives it a strange side on look. Inside it's very, very similar to mine, but the 6th and 7th seats are cleverly removable as well.

Boot space is great on my 3008, with a two level boot floor (oh and a standard fit space saver wheel which wasn't even an option on my C4GP). The glovebox is appallingly small, even smaller than the C4GP, but the centre box is well thought out, with illumination and cooling. Door storage is good, with lined pockets at the front. I miss the rear floor cubby boxes, but the whole spare wheel area is lined, so lots can be stored easily there.

The tech. on the 3008, with Icockpit is just fab. Build quality and door shuts are extremely good. The GT has lots fitted as standard, and I've been mightily impressed with the autonomous braking system and the active cruise with stop, that simply just works.

It's a very pretty car as well. People keep commenting on it to me, as they mistake it for the Evoque.

Any further questions or photos, please just ask and I'll help as much as possible.

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, Forum Moderator, Forum Moderator, Premier Member, Technical Expert, New C4 and DS4 Forum Moderators, Member