or Login >>         
C4 - DS4 Owners :: Forums :: C4 Picasso and Grand Picasso - PRE 2013 only :: C4 Picasso and Grand Picasso General questions

Is the 2.0Hdi 16v engine hard on cambelts

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
Leghorn   
Fri Jun 09 2017, 03:03pm
Member No: #48598
As mentioned in my other thread I've recently purchased a C4 GP 2litre diesel

The car has 100k miles on the belt and is 10 years old.
Supposedly the belt should be changed at 160k/10years.

Because I bought the car so cheaply I would like not to change the belt and use the car for whatever Manufacturer car scrapage scheme may be available in a years time.
The car simply isn't clean enough for me to consider it a keeper although it has interested me in the new model Picasso and that might be a possible next car.

Is the 2 litre HDI 16v hard on its belt/tensioner, water pump.
Some engines are harder than others. I haven't heard anything bad about this engine.
Is the belt easily inspected without change.
wozza   
Wed Jun 14 2017, 03:15pm

Member No: #2
I think the biggest issue is that rubber perishes over time. Hence the 10 year interval. It might last longer, however belts have been known to go early as well.

its a gamble basically. It might be fine for another two years. It might also snap tomorrow and end up destroying all the valves in the process. Belts are cheap, too end rebuilds aren't.

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, Forum Moderator, Forum Moderator, Premier Member, Technical Expert, New C4 and DS4 Forum Moderators, Member