or Login >>         
C4 - DS4 Owners :: Forums :: Ice and Sat Nav Questions Coupe and Hatch Pre 2012 and C4 Picasso :: ICE / Sat Nav/Bluetooth etc.

RD4 substitution with RD45 in Citroen C4 any experience?

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
oliveriv@alice.it   
Thu Feb 04 2016, 09:30am
Member No: #43564
Hi guys,

Any experience of substitution of RD4>>RD45 to have USB and Bluetooth implementation?

Is it bluetooth compatible with iphone 6? Must I have to change also original RD4 display?

Thanks
BigJohnD   
Thu Feb 04 2016, 01:46pm

Member No: #82
Do you mean replace the RD4 with an RD5?

In my view it's a non starter because of the way the RD5 is integrated into the large fascia panel of the models to which it's fitted - very different from earlier models.

I reckon you'd be better off buying a branded aftermaket HU with BT and USB ports.

- Click Here - to see some pictures.
Harald   
Tue Jun 28 2016, 06:07am
Member No: #32520
Fascia is not an issue, as RD45 is coming with different front fascias, also with one looking identical as one in RD4

or:

and at this moment I know, it's compatible with C4/C4P/C4GP, all you need is new VIN number to be encoded to the unit and make sure your display version is high enough.

Yes, it has Bluetooth interface built in and so is USB interface. If you're upgrading car already equipped with BT/USB module (Nomade), you need to unplug it and disable it in BSI.

I have another question: RD45 unit made by Continental is coming in two hardware versions - single and dual FM tuner.

Difference is easy to spot when looking at the back, here is single FM tuner version:

and here dual FM tuner version:

Let's go straight to the point - as you can see, in dual-tuner version there are not two, but three antenna connectors.
Allegedly third one is for digital tuner - DAB.
I know it must be possible, as it's known some cars have it installed and it's not 3rd party module:

Question: can anybody confirm or deny DAB tuner in RD45 device with three antenna connectors?
CarlosGomes   
Wed Sep 28 2016, 09:24am
Member No: #43968
Does anyone knows what LCD part numbers are compatible with the RD45 radios? I am upgrading my RD4 to a RD45 and I am not shure if he current display will support USB and bluetooth.
jpbroad1970   
Wed Sep 28 2016, 09:46am
Member No: #45288
I had to change my display, I bought one from ebay the ones that say they are activated for everything about £40 still had to play a little as it had the climate set on it where as on my c4 it has a separate display. 5 minute job though
Snapperen   
Sat May 20 2017, 02:07am
Member No: #42350
jpbroad1970 wrote ...

I had to change my display, I bought one from ebay the ones that say they are activated for everything about £40 still had to play a little as it had the climate set on it where as on my c4 it has a separate display. 5 minute job though

i know this is old, but could you explain, how you disabled the climate, as my display have it enabled, and I don't have climate at all.

Cheers

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, Forum Moderator, Forum Moderator, Premier Member, Technical Expert, New C4 and DS4 Forum Moderators, Member