or Login >>         
C4 - DS4 Owners :: Forums :: Citroen C4 Picasso and Grand C4 Picasso (B78) 2013 onward :: Citroen C4 Picasso and Grand C4 Picasso (B78) Road Tests and Model Reports

C4 Flair no longer available - petrol automatic

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
davecarb   
Fri Apr 21 2017, 01:35pm
Member No: #46126
I currently have a C4 diesel automatic and I recently ordered the new model a C4 Flair petrol automatic. I paid a deposit with my local dealer. I particularly ordered the Flair model because it has a reversing camera and I decided to switch from diesel to petrol, mainly because I couldn't justify the increased cost with my low mileage and also the current controversy affecting diesels. I paid £200 deposit and I was awaiting delivery information as I had to hand back my current C4. I received a phone call today from my dealer saying this model was no longer being manufactured. It was only available with a manual gearbox. The diesel model was available with automatic transmission. I found this very puzzling as I had recently received the brochure from Citroen which showed this model and it is still being shown on their website. I was given the impression that the automatic is no longer available in petrol. This is a deal breaker for me and I have now cancelled my order as I didn't want to pay the extra cost for diesel. Can anyone cast any light on this please.
Kind regards,

Dave
FrankBullitt   
Fri Apr 21 2017, 03:38pm

Member No: #19238
Really only your dealer will be able to advise, it might be worth establishing if a car is in-stock somewhere or if not whether you are willing to go used, there are a couple of petrol automatics out there.

I've noticed Citroën have been reducing the options on the C4, you can no longer get the 2.0HDi blue either.
Halfmoonbay   
Sun May 07 2017, 05:55am
Member No: #41045
Hi,

I've just looked at the May 2017 price list and can confirm the C4 Picasso/GP Flair 130 Puretech engine in Auto form Is no longer listed. It's still available in Feel trim so you could spec up a Feel to Flair trim, the options are all available (at a price).

My Auto Puretech Flair is now a rare model! I Can't understand why Citroen have deleted this model, especially at this time. The Auto 130 Puretech engine in Flair trim is such a good combination.
bluehdi   
Sun May 07 2017, 06:39am
Member No: #2617
I think you'll find this is due to real issues the PSA group have at the moment with demand for this particular engine. All down to the combination of gearbox and engine and its high popularity.

I've been looking into the new Peugeot 3008 (which I do very much like), and the same 1.2 engine has actually been dropped completely from top spec models, due to again, demand (plus also a fire earlier this year causing door trim supply problems). Prospective owners are having to wait months with no information, causing a lot of negative PR for Peugeot.

I suspect the general negative press about diesel engines at the moment isn't helping either.

I'm certain the combination will reappear, but probably later this year.
FrankBullitt   
Sun May 07 2017, 07:08am

I took the OP to mean the C4 hatchback (although note it is is in the wrong forum), Citroën have dropped the Touch, Feel and Flair on the C4 hatch, instead Edition and Platinum which is typical for a run out model
routemaster1   
Sun May 07 2017, 07:49am
Member No: #574
FrankBullitt wrote ...

I took the OP to mean the C4 hatchback (although note it is is in the wrong forum), Citroën have dropped the Touch, Feel and Flair on the C4 hatch, instead Edition and Platinum which is typical for a run out model

The OP is actually referring to the C4 Picasso.
BigJohnD   
Sun May 07 2017, 10:41am

Member No: #82
routemaster1 wrote ...

The OP is actually referring to the C4 Picasso.

- Click Here -
Halfmoonbay   
Sun May 07 2017, 04:32pm
Hi,

with ref to the 3008 , I to have noticed they had dropped the Puretech Auto from the GT Line trim ( I also love the look of this car, and would probably have taken a closer look if it had been out when I ordered my Pic. The only thing is it uses a shorter wheelbase, so would not have been as roomy in the back as in the C4P).

It's interesting to hear about the increased demand and shortage of the PSA Puretech engines, particularly in Auto trim.

As a side issue I hear the Puretech engine is going to be revised for the face lifted 308 later in the year with improved emissions and economy but with no change to power.
davecarb   
Mon May 08 2017, 02:42am
Thanks for all the replies - most helpful - didn't know that Flair had been phased out. My dealer didn't know 2 weeks ago - at least he didn't tell me. I have managed to order a Flair petrol automatic and hope to take delivery this week as it has to be transported to my local dealer. I was told it was one of the few left in the country. Had to pay extra for driver assist package but it was Hobson's choice! My current car is a three year old C4 Picasso and the balloon payment is due. It is a diesel and I am being offered less than the balloon payment in PX so that is why I decided to change at this point in time. I am handing back my present car.

I will post a review in due course. Real pity that the Flair has been replaced as I was impressed with the spec.

Dave
FrankBullitt   
Mon May 08 2017, 05:43am

The Flair hasn't been replaced on the Picasso, it's only the 1.2 130 EAT6 that is being discounted. From your original post I'd assumed you were talking about the C4 hatch.

They also removed the the 2.0HDi Feel models about 3 months after introducing them. Bless Citroën...
Richard_C   
Mon May 08 2017, 09:14am
Member No: #46470

The puretech is a really good engine, we have the 82 non turbo in a C3, PSA have maybe best of the petrol power units at the moment. So - with everyone about to buy petrol, anti diesel sentiment all over Europe so even if bans are a few years off it will affect trade in values, if you have limited supply you ration the engines to the cars with the best profit margins.

Or maybe someone has realized that in the UK the £25k list price is an important psychological barrier for a family Citroen - and the puretech auto on a flair is well over that.

Having bought a pre owned (ex Citroen 10 month old) Exec + last year, if I were to buy another one I wouldn't get too excited about the bells and whistles. The admittedly pre facelift satnav is worse than my £60 phone, the tailgate is fun the first few times but as slow as a slow thing to open and close and beeps like a fork lift truck, massage seats are nothing more than something to put in a brochure, footrest gets in the way of the handbag/picnic, self parking amuses passengers but again, quicker to do it yourself in the real world, and I'm still not wholly convinced by the colour screen - the mono top screen is good enough.

So - if I were buying now I would be more than happy with the feel spec or even touch edition. But I would be after a petrol one.

(I've just spotted how odd that middle trim level name is if you take it out of context. "Excuse me sir/madam, can you tell me the price of a feel ...." could get you arrested.)
Halfmoonbay   
Mon May 08 2017, 11:01am
Davecarb-your welcome will look forward to hearing your views on the Puretech Auto, definitely a good car with lots of character.

Tell you the truth, the reason we went for the Flair was because of the standard reversing camera, the blacked out rear windows and panaramic roof. The foot operated tailgate is useful and I do like the 3d rear lights. We got a good deal from Autoebid so it worked out cheaper for us to buy the Flair over a Feel with options. However the other extra bits are nothing special. The Feel has a very good standard spec, Tom tom based sat nav, climate control, massage seats etc.
davecarb   
Mon May 15 2017, 11:02am
I have been referring to a C4 Picasso all along. Sorry for the confusion. Must be age and the excitement/stress of getting a new car. I looked in the brochure at the C4 by mistake.

I took delivery of my Picasso C4 Petrol Auto Flair last Friday. The vehicle has a driver assist package. I intend to due a full review after 1000 miles but initial views are favourable , apart from the gear stick lever. This is totally different from my previous C4 Picasso in that there is a dedicated P feature which has to be obtained by a "Z" movement. Very difficult to get use to and I cant see it lasting the frequent use somehow. Other than that the car feels great. Sat Nav is good with post code feature at last. Radio good and easier to handle. Not had much time to test the other features but hopefully I will give a full report after 1000 miles or so.
Thanks for all the helpful comments.
Dave
JKPORTLAND   
Sun Jun 25 2017, 02:05pm
Member No: #46322
Halfmoonbay wrote ...

Hi,

I've just looked at the May 2017 price list and can confirm the C4 Picasso/GP Flair 130 Puretech engine in Auto form Is no longer listed. It's still available in Feel trim so you could spec up a Feel to Flair trim, the options are all available (at a price).

My Auto Puretech Flair is now a rare model! I Can't understand why Citroen have deleted this model, especially at this time. The Auto 130 Puretech engine in Flair trim is such a good combination.

Hi Halfmoonbay
You are dead right the same applies to the C4 Grand Picasso aswell.Also they've changed the amber/black leather seats to dune grey/black so I'm guessing the trim will be grey aswell.Bit dull if you ask me the amber/black and dune biege trim on mine is really nice.
So between us we have a rare pair of C4's.
Regards John.

Sept 2016 C4 Grand Picasso THP130/EAT6 Flair Onyx Black Amber/Black leather Dune Biege trim.

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, Forum Moderator, Forum Moderator, Premier Member, Technical Expert, New C4 and DS4 Forum Moderators, Member