or Login >>         
C4 - DS4 Owners :: Forums :: Coupe and Hatch Pre 2011 cars :: C4 Coupe Hatch and General Questions

Wheel buttons Series 1 to Series 2

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
Kabwenga   
Fri May 05 2017, 02:51am
Member No: #24108
Hi guys,

This is my first thread, so I will make a little description of my C4. I have a 2005 Citroen C4 Hatch, 2 seats, VTR. I am very happy with it, and I only had a major problem with it (the EGR valve) that made me refurbish the engine last September... Autch!
Other then that, after I bought it second handed in 2010, the only complaint was the steering wheel buttons that the volume up ceased to work. That was "ok", but anytime I used the cruise control, it gave me a message of "Service", when I turned it off, until I shut the car down. But now, after the engine issue and reprogramming, when I used the cruise control, the car showed a message of ESP error and would not pass the 2500rpm... I don't know if this is a programming problem or the actual piece on the wheel, but since the volume up was not working I thought I should replace that part.
Now, I saw that the series two and the Picasso, has the same steering wheel layout but they have more buttons than mine (mine has dummy buttons below the volume and cruise control) and I wonder if upgrading that part to the newest is just plug and play or if the wiring and plug is actually different. I wonder this, because usually, brands use dummy buttons for EXTRAS but they use the same wiring, as it is more cost effective...

I am also considering to install the GPS and Bluetooth unit, and I will explore the forum for this, but I take suggestions on this thread as I want to do it all at the same time, just to save time...

Thank you very much,

I Love my VTR!

Cheers, Jay
BigJohnD   
Fri May 05 2017, 12:15pm

Member No: #82
First of all, there's no way you can fit the steering wheel controls from a MkII as they're on the steering wheel and move with it - yours are fixed on the steering boss.

Have tried a judicious application of switch cleaner to the buttons (NOT WD40) and sliding the steering wheel up and down? Often simple cleaning works.
1 User said Thank You to BigJohnD for this Post :
 Kabwenga (05 May 2017 : 12:21)
Kabwenga   
Fri May 05 2017, 12:34pm
Member No: #24108
Hi BigJohn,

Thank you for your reply!

What I meant was, I have the steering wheel:

- Click Here -

And I am considering to change to this wheel buttons:

- Click Here -

The part is fairly cheap and I could change it easy...at least it look so!

But, I will try your trick; to be honest, I never made maintenance to it...

Regarding the GPS unit, I am considering this option:

- Click Here -

Thanks again!

Cheers!

João

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, Forum Moderator, Forum Moderator, Premier Member, Technical Expert, New C4 and DS4 Forum Moderators, Member