or Login >>         
C4 - DS4 Owners :: Forums :: Citroen C4 Picasso and Grand C4 Picasso (B78) 2013 onward :: C4 Picasso and Grand C4 Picasso (B78) Problems and Issues

Recall NYB

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
wunny   
Thu May 04 2017, 07:45am
Member No: #42824
My dealer says it is a 2 hour job to change the tensioner.

I don't think that the belt is up to the job for Stop / Start. I think it needs to be wider. It is probably OK for just an alternator though.

I shall buy a spare belt, just in case it fails again. Then at least I'll be able to get going again.

3 days of being recovered, one with a mid journey change, has been a PITA!
wunny   
Fri May 05 2017, 10:27am
All done! New belt & tensioner fitted. They also carried out Recall NWG, fitting an additional clip to the temperature sensor wire.

Got it back nice & clean

They also noted that the undertray was damaged. Will have a look later to see what's broken.

Edit:

The front undertray has split front to back about 8" in from the nearside.

The recovery people put a strop around the lower suspension arm and winched the car up onto the truck and back down again when they got it home, so that is what has caused it. Going to have to claim from Brittania Rescue.

New tray cost is £355.21 and £53.40 to fit. Including VAT

£408.61 is probably more than the agents got for the job.

I think they will be revising their standing instructions that vehicles have to be winched on to the truck!
bluehdi   
Wed May 10 2017, 02:36pm
Member No: #2617
Wunny - thanks a lot for the advice.

I'm going to get this particular NYB recall done on my car, sooner rather than later and probably before the other recalls I have still outstanding. I certainly don't want to be left stuck or stranded like you were.

Talking of new recalls, over on the Planete Citroen forum, one French forum member had reported recently a problem with his 2016 C4P, which whilst locked, and the key well away from the car, he found the car had started on its own! Lots of discussion about how on earth could this really happen and the real consequences. It has now prompted this official recall:

- Click Here -

I really hope we don't see this affecting our cars, which at the moment it doesn't seem to. I note however, that Ireland is affected on this bulletin. Our cars can't be very different build wise though?
beemanga   
Wed May 10 2017, 03:18pm
Member No: #41746
It does seem to be limited to a restricted date range of manufacture in 2016 from what I can see in that bulletin.
wunny   
Fri May 12 2017, 12:55am
Good news, Britannia Rescue have accepted that the car was damaged whilst in their care and have authorised for the under tray to be replaced by my local dealer. They are dealing direct with the dealer for payment, so that makes things easier.

Booked in for 26th May. While they are doing that, I'll ask them to check if there is any other damage.
beemanga   
Fri May 12 2017, 06:17am
Member No: #41746
Good news!
routemaster1   
Wed May 17 2017, 10:34am
Member No: #574
Mine is due in tomorrow for NYB. Just received a call from the agent, who confirms the service and 3 recalls. Not sure which yet, though. I informed them that they may need to replace the top screen again, but I'm not sure it will happen, but I have just found out I have the creaking suspension! I've asked them to investigate that.
routemaster1   
Thu May 18 2017, 11:55am
It has been in today. NYB done, as was the Adblue wiring loom and a sensor replacement, although I'm not sure which! Advised new tyres (not surprised at 21,000 miles) and tracking (although as far as I am concerned the tyres have worn pretty evenly). Recommended aircon service at £200 and brake fluid change.

They did accept that there is an issue with the rear suspension, but there is currently no known fix, although I see that there is TSB B3DW010CQO. Could anyone point me to what this actually in this document?
FrankBullitt   
Sat May 20 2017, 04:04am

Member No: #19238
Took the DS4 in for the recall today and have had to leave the car with them - once they'd stripped it down the tech noticed the belt was showing signs of wear and they didn't want to leave the car with me but don't have a belt in-stock, so it needs to be ordered.

They mentioned that they've done a few C4 Picasso's which seem to be newer and they have also in recent months had two low-loaded to them with a belt failure.

Anyone taking the Citroën line that this is purely a convenience recall to do with noise and waiting until they next take the car in for a service my strong advice is get it done ASAP and push the dealer to get a belt stocked too

kkulishev   
Mon May 22 2017, 02:43am
Member No: #47835
Today i call my dealer about NYB recall, and they say didnt see any new recall for my car so far.

The funny thing is they change some belt/tensioner (dont remember which exactly, can be the ancilliary drive belt tensioner) before 5-6 monts by warranty, because i hearing some bad noise in front.

So far i did MHA, MPC, MPM, NWH recalls for this car.

and also they change some headlight unit, because i have get randomly errors - Directional Headlamps Fault
Bigross35   
Sun Mar 04 2018, 04:02am
Member No: #50611
Guys I have a 2014 C4 grand Picasso. The aux drive belt has snapped and shredded. Could this be a belt tensioner issue and is it defo a recall for this part?? Thanks guys
routemaster1   
Sun Mar 04 2018, 05:34am
Bigross35 wrote ...

Guys I have a 2014 C4 grand Picasso. The aux drive belt has snapped and shredded. Could this be a belt tensioner issue and is it defo a recall for this part?? Thanks guys

There was a recall for the tensioner for the 2.0HDi. Don't know whether there was a recall for the 1.6HDi though.If there is a recall it is sent by post, but if the car is a company car or a lease, it may not get through to the user.
FrankBullitt   
Sun Mar 04 2018, 05:53am

Member No: #19238
There is but it’s a technical recall rather than safety based which means Citroën write to the owner that’s on their records - if they’ve not written to you is your car know to the dealer network? If not, and with it being out of warranty, then I’m afraid they probably won’t cover this.
iscom   
Sun Mar 04 2018, 06:19am
Member No: #20936
I booked my car in for a full service and they told me that the SYSTEM warned them that my car needed the aux pully replaced so just waiting for the weather to improve so can take it in for a full service and timming belt/water pump to replaced so will do all the jobs at the same time
Bigross35   
Sun Mar 04 2018, 09:23am
Member No: #50611
I'm sure I bought it from the Arnold Clark citreon dealer in Linwood so it must be known to the dealer network surely??
Go to page   <<        >>   

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, Forum Moderator, Forum Moderator, Premier Member, Technical Expert, New C4 and DS4 Forum Moderators, Member