or Login >>         
C4 - DS4 Owners :: Forums :: Citroen C4 Picasso and Grand C4 Picasso (B78) 2013 onward :: C4 Picasso and Grand C4 Picasso (B78) Problems and Issues

Our new C4 Picasso off the road for nearly 4 months.

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
trumar   
Mon Feb 27 2017, 06:13am
Member No: #47684
Hello all, new forum member here.
Just reaching out to anyone that may have had a similar problem with their car. Currently, we are staring down the barrel of having our car off the road for 4 months. We purchased our vehicle (Picasso Airdream Exclusive+ 1.6 Hdi manual) on the 2nd September last year (pre-reg) with 18 miles on the clock. On the 13th November, whilst my wife was driving home after visiting her parents, the car broke down 120 miles from home. Upon calling Citroen customer care, the AA were called out to attend. It was not repairable roadside, so under warranty, taken to a nearby (to us) dealership. The diagnosis at the time was a diesel injector failure, but upon replacement, a further series of error codes appeared. some weeks later, it was further diagnosed as a cruise control fault, but ultimately it was discovered that the ABS ECU module was at fault. That was over Christmas. And as previously mentioned, we still do have the car. Has anyone else experienced this issue?
Richard_C   
Mon Feb 27 2017, 07:20am
Member No: #46470
No but you need to get tough with the supplying Dealer. Have they arranged a suitable replacement? Even if they have, a new vehicle must be fit for purpose - purpose in the case being driving around, not being a decorative doorstop in a dealer's workshop.

I am no expert having not done it, but have a search around on some of the finance advice sites or trading standards. Essentially you have to give the dealer reasonable time to repair then you can reject and get your money back in full. If you have finance that could be good or bad. It complicates things but a finance house might pressure Citroen inot sorting it out.

So stop being patient, write a short letter to dealer (if supplier and mender are different send it to supplier copy to mender) copied to finance house and to Citroen UK saying reasonable time to repair is now past, 2 more weeks and I am rejecting the vehicle and seeking a full refund.

That should stir them into action, if you get specific promises (waiting for part, will be 3 weeks or whatever then you can flex, but at last you have taken some control of the situation.

It's the supplying dealer - the retailer - that is ultimately responsible.

FrankBullitt   
Mon Feb 27 2017, 07:24am

Member No: #19238
I'd echo Richard's comments, the car should have been rejected long before now I'm afraid.
trumar   
Mon Feb 27 2017, 10:10am
Thanks all for their replies.

The rejection matter aside for now, has anyone else experienced similar issues with their Picassos or just C4s for that matter?
BigJohnD   
Mon Feb 27 2017, 03:39pm

Member No: #82
I echo the others. Your local trading standards office will help you.
trumar   
Tue Feb 28 2017, 05:30am
OK, sorry for the confusion.

As of the end of last year we started formal proceedings to reject the car. The matter is currently with the ombudsman for a final decision.

So, what I was after was whether anyone else here either had or knew of someone who had the same issues we had. Is this (the failure of - and delay in getting - these parts) issue common or rare? The information I'm seeking will perhaps help others or even ourselves in our case.

Thanks again.

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, Forum Moderator, Forum Moderator, Premier Member, Technical Expert, New C4 and DS4 Forum Moderators, Member