or Login >>         
C4 - DS4 Owners :: Forums :: The Lounge :: The Lounge

LHD to RHD?

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
Jonzjob   
Sat Feb 11 2017, 08:11am
Member No: #3581
We will be moving back to the U.K. later this year, after living here in France for 12 years. We have a G C4 Picasso less than 2 years old and 17,000km on the clock. I'm not tyring to sell it here, but I am looking for some info as to where it would be possible to sell it. Who are the best dealers to take it to and that sort of thing? I have contacted a couple of Citroën dealers and they weren't able to help.

Any ideas please?? If this question is out of order then please chop it, but as I say, I am just trying to find the best options. Another is to sell it here, buy new in the U.K. and that would mean an extra 1000 mile trip to bring it back before we move over.
Biohead   
Sat Feb 11 2017, 08:32am

Member No: #6049
If you're looking to get the most money for the car, then I would suggest selling in France. The market is already there for LHD and you won't have to deal with some sort of middle man who will take (probably) quite a large chunk of it.

If you're wanting a quick sale, then again I'd say sell in France. Stick it on ebay.fr with your current location and off you go (or even the french equivalent of autotrader).

Between now and moving day will there be any additional trips to the UK? I'm just thinking you could utilise that time to bring some things over so it's not a 1000 mile trip for just one purpose.
1 User said Thank You to Biohead for this Post :
 Jonzjob (11 Feb 2017 : 09:10)
Jonzjob   
Sat Feb 11 2017, 09:18am
Thank you for the quick reply Bio. The 2nd hand market here is good and I think that it's going to be the best bet.

We will be making a few trips back before the move, but they are going to be by air, good old Ryan-type-air.. We have done a few trips by car and I worked it out to be almost £1000 a time with hotels, fuel, tolls, etc!

We still have time as even when we get a buyer for our house it takes 3 months for it to go through. It's a shame that Citroën dealers in the U.K. don't take part ex as we will buying a new Citroën there.
FrankBullitt   
Sat Feb 11 2017, 01:11pm

Member No: #19238
I guess the problem is that you will either have two cars (the new one and the one to sell) or no cars for a period of time. I'd be tempted to sell your car, fly back to the UK to pick up your new car and drive it back to the South of France.
Jonzjob   
Sat Feb 11 2017, 03:59pm
That is what I am fairly vertain I will have to do Frank. For the moment I don't want to even try to sell this one as we don't know how long it will take to sell the house, buyers market here! And if you are a resident here then your car has to be French registered. 2 things about that. Driving a right hooker here is OK on holiday, but not for me longish term and regestering a right hooker here is not worth the hassle and cost just to re-regester it when we return!

I think that it's a shame that the semi auto gearbox, con't remember what it's called, isn't available on new cars now.Both my Mk1 and this Mk2 Picasso have them and I love them. Still from what I have read the new auto box is very good? I have arthritis in mt wrist and I find it difficult at times to stir a gear lever around!! Getting old comes at the worst possible time don't it!

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, Forum Moderator, Forum Moderator, Premier Member, Technical Expert, New C4 and DS4 Forum Moderators, Member