or Login >>         
C4 - DS4 Owners :: Forums :: C4 Picasso and Grand Picasso - PRE 2013 only :: C4 Picasso Problems and issues

Does Lexia software run on Windows 10?

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
TriumphGuy   
Sat Feb 11 2017, 04:40am
Member No: #47272
I've been looking on ebay for Lexia and none of the sellers say whether the software will work on Win 10. I even saw a laptop with Lexia installed but it was running Win XP which has long since been abandoned by Microsoft and is a security risk.

Does anybody know if the software will run on Win 10? I don't want to spend money to find out it won't work and I don't want to run a virtual installation of Win XP as it is still a security risk.
rusky   
Sat Feb 11 2017, 05:29am
Member No: #27768
Lexia was superseded by diagbox. I run it on Windows 7 but I wouldn't worry about running on a Win XP VM as you don't want internet access on it anyway.
AndrewM   
Sat Feb 11 2017, 06:56am
Member No: #34563
I run mine on a virtual XP on my laptop. No internet connection needed. Never any problems.
Biohead   
Sat Feb 11 2017, 09:37am

Member No: #6049
You don't want a diagbox install on your only laptop either - it's quite a large series of programs that make a LOT of changes to your system and open a lot of firewall ports. It's a security risk in itself.

You either need a dedicated laptop for it or a VM - and in both cases you don't want to allow internet access to it anyway unless you've have a legitimate version from Citroen and paid the £££££ for it.
AndrewM   
Sat Feb 11 2017, 10:05am
Member No: #34563
Forgot to mention I bought a cheap HP laptop and only have the XP VM on it.
TriumphGuy   
Sun Feb 12 2017, 08:54am
Member No: #47272
Yeah, it looks like I'm going to have to do a virtual install of XP and disable the wireless connection when I'm running Lexia.

Thanks for the responses.

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, Forum Moderator, Forum Moderator, Premier Member, Technical Expert, New C4 and DS4 Forum Moderators, Member