or Login >>         
C4 - DS4 Owners :: Forums :: Styling Performance and Upgrading :: Engine Modifications

Want to upgrade intake and exhaust but not getting anywhere.

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
Modm   
Fri May 13 2016, 06:11pm
Member No: #44732
Hi folks, I have a C4 coupe VTR! 1.4 petrol 88hp and was thinking of upgrading it. I was advised that air intake and exhaust are the best ways to go without major engine work and that Jetex exhaust and K&N intake are really good(want maximum power but. Minimum noise). Trouble is I can't seem to find any that I can buy for this car. I was thinking of engine remapping but was advised against that and upgrade the intake and Exhaust first. Any help in this matter would be greatly appreciated as I don't want to spend a fortune on equipment that doesn't fit. Also I'm new to this so not tech or lingo savy Cheers, Mick
FakeConcern   
Sat May 14 2016, 02:04am
Member No: #24127
The problem is the C4 is not that common so not many performance parts made for it. It is basically the same platform as Peugeot 307 so parts for that usually fit the C4. As regards exhausts, both Longlife & Powerflow will make a custom stainless steel exhaust for the C4. I have a Longlife & got discount as a Premier member on C4Owners.org.
As well as K&N other manufacturers make performance panel filters that fit in the standard housing, I have had Pipercross and BMC as well as K&N. The main benefit is being able to clean and reuse the filter. K&N also make induction kits which have replace the standard filter housing with a long tube to put the filter away from engine heat.Google K&N Typhoon, I'm not sure if they do one for your engine, either way they are pretty expensive.
1 User said Thank You to FakeConcern for this Post :
 Modm (14 May 2016 : 09:18)
Dave_Retired.   
Sat May 14 2016, 06:51am

Member No: #1
Any upgrades on the 1.4 engine will have minimal effect and £ for £ (euro for you) the best option is to trade the car for one with a bigger engine.
1 User said Thank You to Dave_Retired. for this Post :
 Modm (14 May 2016 : 09:18)
DevonR22   
Wed May 18 2016, 09:11am
Member No: #44773
There's also a lot of dyno tests that show induction kits etc gain no power in fact some actually lose power.
Check YouTube.
There are also cons for oiled panel filter replacements such as K&N panels. Again check YouTube.
For the money you would spend and any performance you gain then it's not really going to be worth the investment unfortunately.

That said nothing wrong with a nice aftermarket exhaust for looks and a bit of a sports tone when you floor the accelerator.
longshortchris   
Tue Aug 09 2016, 05:46am
Member No: #33766
I've been driving with an induction kit on my C4 Coupe 1'6 HDi for about nine months.

There is a slight increase of noise in the cabin. If you love to hear the sound of the air being sucked into the engine, like me, then you will be in heaven. I can still manage a decent conversation with my elderly father (70's) & one of my mates regularly kips whilst I'm cruising on the motorway.

I don't use any extra fuel whatsoever during driving. No 'Ifs' and no 'Buts'. NO extra fuel. Full stop.

My car has recently been remapped, too. The ability to cruise effortlessly wherever I go... I should have done it ages ago!

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, Forum Moderator, Forum Moderator, Premier Member, Technical Expert, New C4 and DS4 Forum Moderators, Member