or Login >>         
C4 - DS4 Owners :: Forums :: Styling Performance and Upgrading :: Interior and lights

Side light Osram bulbs

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
Dimuha1989   
Mon Jun 13 2016, 06:46am
Member No: #40631
Hello everyone,

I have C 1.6 SX petrol. i am about to replace my sidelight bulbs, mainly because old ones are not bright enough and glass casing became black

i don't want to try LED as they are not bright enough in daylight. I came across these ones online. - Click Here - What do you think? did anyone come across them?

Thanks a lot!

rusky   
Mon Jun 13 2016, 03:27pm
Member No: #27768
Given that the back of the pack states that the brightness is the same as a standard bulb & the lifetime is shorter I wouldn't bother!

I've recently fitted these - Click Here - & I'm very happy with them.
Dimuha1989   
Tue Jun 14 2016, 03:51am
You see, my bulbs need to be different. You use bayonet type. Mine have to be w5w. they are slightly smaller ones.

I think I'll stay with standard bulbs then. Better then non - visible LEDs
rusky   
Tue Jun 14 2016, 12:56pm
My LED ones are brighter than the standard halogens. Have a look for LED ones.
Dimuha1989   
Fri Jun 17 2016, 05:19am
Alright, thanks. I will take a look. However, does anyone know if longer bulb will fit properly?
longshortchris   
Tue Aug 02 2016, 12:34pm
Member No: #33766
I fitted the bulbs the OP has mentioned in both the front side lights of my C4 coupe and the reg plate lights. This was two years ago. They've all blown bar one.

They look great in the front side lights, but because of the focusing tip creating a narrow beam, they didn't light up the reg plate to my satisfaction.

I still use them in my sidelights, but expect to change them every couple of years.
Chibs   
Tue Aug 02 2016, 02:35pm
L.E.D. lamps are brighter and less wattage too.
Dimuha1989   
Wed Aug 03 2016, 05:42am
Ok, so I have tried to put some LEDs into sidelights and reg plates. Sidelights work well. - Click Here - If you want I can provide photos. During day, they are quite dim. But once it gets slightly darker or simply cloudy, they work brilliantly.

However, my reg plate lights are not good. - Click Here - They are always on. not the main LEDs but very tiny ones in the middle of bulb. Main issue I had with reg plate LEDs, that they need to be really small to fit into housing.

Basically after few wasted quids I have managed to find suitable candidates for my current sidelights
love2drive   
Fri Feb 03 2017, 07:41am
Member No: #42287
Hi Guys,

I also wish to upgrade my sidelights for my c4 1.6Hdi 55reg hatchback. Standard halogen bulbs are quite deem. I want more brighter and whiter.I remember to try with some LED bought from ebay, they really wasn't that good. If anyone upgraded their sidelight for the same model as i have please do let us know what was the bulbs that you used and where to buy them from. thank you.
love2drive   
Fri Feb 03 2017, 08:01am
rusky wrote ...

Given that the back of the pack states that the brightness is the same as a standard bulb & the lifetime is shorter I wouldn't bother!

I've recently fitted these - Click Here - & I'm very happy with them.

Hi Rusky,

Have you got the same car as i have (C4 1.6HDI 55reg hatchback). I am really fed up with the standard side light. Will these bulbs work without any error message and how they are during the day time? i tried with some before and its hardly you can see the bulb on at day time. light bulb i need is 501 Capless Wedge Bulb
rusky   
Fri Feb 03 2017, 12:58pm
I have the C4GP but the bulbs don't give any errors.
routemaster1   
Fri Feb 03 2017, 01:37pm
Member No: #574
rusky wrote ...

I have the C4GP but the bulbs don't give any errors.

Do they glow faintly after you switch off the engine? I tried some LEDs in our C3 (not Osram though) and they stayed on until the car shut itself down completely. And they were far too blue!
TriumphGuy   
Sun Feb 05 2017, 04:19am
Member No: #47272
LED bulbs are brighter and last longer than filament bulbs. There are some poor quality LED bulbs on eBay so buy from a trusted seller.
rusky   
Sun Feb 05 2017, 04:48am
Mine don't glow when you switch the engine off
love2drive   
Thu Feb 09 2017, 04:38pm
I bought a pair of 2x 5 SMD LED 501 T10 W5W PUSH WEDGE CAPLESS BRIGHT PURE XENON SIDE LIGHT BULBS from ebay for £3 and seller claimed that they were the best brightest light in the market but guess what you can't even see the light whether it is on or off at day time. At night you may see them working.
I am sick of this sidelight bulb and I think it's because of the C4 hatch design. they put inside of the sidelight housing some kind of dark shade which make the lights not to glow too much.
Well, I will go back to my yellow halogen light bulb. at least they can be seen at daylight.
Go to page       >>   

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, Forum Moderator, Forum Moderator, Premier Member, Technical Expert, New C4 and DS4 Forum Moderators, Member