or Login >>         
C4 - DS4 Owners :: Forums :: The Lounge :: The Lounge

What's Everyone Up To 2017?

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
riven1962   
Sat Apr 01 2017, 01:42pm
Member No: #18905
routemaster1 wrote ...

riven1962 wrote ...

I had 2 new Goodyear tyres fitted to the front of the C4 this morning. I ordered them through Tyreshopper.com (internet arm of National tyres). I left the car with them and said I would be back in an hour. I then took our daughter to maccies for breakfast, while I was there National tyres phoned me up and said there is nothing left on the front pads. As it was only over the road I said I would come and have a look. They where right, absolutely nothing on the front pads, almost down to the metal part of the pads. So it was new front pads as well. Although it cost be a bit more at least the car is safe now and I haven't done any damage to the disks.

I'm surprised that you didn't need new discs as well, as nowadays they usually wear out at the same rate as the pads.

They checked the discs and said they are ok.
Ham   
Mon Apr 24 2017, 12:03pm

Member No: #69
I had time last week to give the car a good going over, used Poorboys Black hole, Poorboys Nattys Blue wax and Stuey recommended Gtechniq C2v3.
Happy with the results, after using C2v3 the car seams to stay cleaner especially being black too.

AndrewM   
Mon Apr 24 2017, 03:00pm
Member No: #34563
Very nice looking motor Ham! (Was going to give you a thumbs up, but the Emoticons aren't working yet!!)
1 User said Thank You to AndrewM for this Post :
 Ham (25 Apr 2017 : 05:21)
wozza   
Mon Apr 24 2017, 06:54pm

Member No: #2
Been reading up on what could possibly be causing the forum issues. As it only seem to be a problem with some things and not others. Unfortunayely I've not had chance to spend a lot of time on it due to things going wrong at work and I have been forced to pick up a lot of overtime. (70+ hours for the next 2 weeks)

Essentially on my day off my deputy manager and my new trainee managed to make a mistake. That cost over £2,000. Falsified reports, lied about it all, and generally things have not gone well.

So my trainee has had to be let go. And my deputy is very likely to be getting demoted as a minimum. Although I think he should have been fired personally I'm not able to actually fire him it's head offices decision. As the manager of the store I have to pick up the slack. Fun times indeed!

I am working on the forum though. I was hoping it would be a simple fix and I basically exhausted all the simple fixes today. So it's likely to be a good few hours of work to get it sorted unless I just missed something. So I am asking for help on the forums for the software we use. As people have had similar issues. But not identical.
2 User said Thank You to wozza for this Post :
 Ham (25 Apr 2017 : 05:22) , AndrewM (25 Apr 2017 : 10:38)
FrankBullitt   
Tue Apr 25 2017, 01:54am

Member No: #19238
Sounds rough!

Unfortunately my technical skills are zero but I'm happy to do/trial anything if pointed in the right direction if that would help.

As for 2017, Mrs FB ran the London marathon on Sunday in just over 5 hours for the neuro foundation - I'm so incredibly proud of her, especially considering 5 years ago she wouldn't have ran for a bus! Seeing how she is and checking her times I'm sure there ar plenty of people who think a marathon is two half marathons - distance wise it is but for the body and mind it is a world apart; she does a half in just under 2 hours to give it some context and is at the moment doing an impression of John Wayne!
riven1962   
Tue Apr 25 2017, 04:56am
I am very busy at the moment working on the allotment. Also busy getting quotes for my car insurance renewal for next month.
routemaster1   
Tue Apr 25 2017, 05:44am
Member No: #574
riven1962 wrote ...

I am very busy at the moment working on the allotment. Also busy getting quotes for my car insurance renewal for next month.

You probably know many of the problems with insurance. I decided to shop round this year, and found it almost impossible to get quotes for the same cover. For instance, my insurance allows me to go abroad any time I like (comprehensive cover) without informing them. However, one insurer didn't cover as part of the policy. I would have to get in touch with them every time and get a green card, which may or may not have to come through the post. This would be at an additional premium of £40 per time. So I didn't bother and stayed with a company I know and trust.
riven1962   
Wed Apr 26 2017, 03:11am
routemaster1 wrote ...

riven1962 wrote ...

You probably know many of the problems with insurance. I decided to shop round this year, and found it almost impossible to get quotes for the same cover. For instance, my insurance allows me to go abroad any time I like (comprehensive cover) without informing them. However, one insurer didn't cover as part of the policy. I would have to get in touch with them every time and get a green card, which may or may not have to come through the post. This would be at an additional premium of £40 per time. So I didn't bother and stayed with a company I know and trust.

I have been with CK for a number of years now and the renewal quote came through a few days ago. I have a very good level of cover with them and to be honest the renewal quotes I am getting from the comparison site are not that good. If we go on price alone the comparison sites are at least a minimum of £50 more expensive. I will keep looking though just in case.
riven1962   
Fri Apr 28 2017, 08:48am
Just got a phone call from Swinton regarding my car insurance. The quote came in at just over £660. When I told him my renewal price from CK he just said "Ok, bye".
Biohead   
Fri Apr 28 2017, 10:59am

Member No: #6049
Think I'm coming round to the conclusion it's time to move on from the VTS. It's been parked in the garage for a year now and it just doesn't see any use! I never thought I'd pick the C5 over it, but it's just a much better drive - I must be getting old

So anyone looking for a diesel VTS that's had a new clutch less than a thousand miles ago let me know! Would much rather it go to someone who would look after it!
BigJohnD   
Fri Apr 28 2017, 03:48pm

Member No: #82
Off to Sheffield on Sunday to the Crucible for the final of the Snooker. Looking like Higgins v Selby but could be wrong!
riven1962   
Fri Jul 21 2017, 05:55am
Another year has gone by and the car is as good as ever. Today was MOT time, the car passed with not one advisory, happy days.
BigJohnD   
Fri Jul 21 2017, 06:31am

Had the old C4 serviced again, at 80,000 miles. MoT due in November. No probs except for A/C not blowing very cold. Had it recharged and a dye put in. Hope it's OK.
routemaster1   
Fri Jul 21 2017, 10:46am
Member No: #574
BigJohnD wrote ...

Had the old C4 serviced again, at 80,000 miles. MoT due in November. No probs except for A/C not blowing very cold. Had it recharged and a dye put in. Hope it's OK.

Is that its first top-up? They still can't find the leak in mine (at 22,000 miles) despite a double dose of dye. They replaced the pump yesterday but there was no sign of leakage on that!
BigJohnD   
Fri Jul 21 2017, 01:11pm

routemaster1 wrote ...

Is that its first top-up?

I asked them to check it last year (first check I've asked for, unless it's done as part of scheduled service) and they said it was OK. We gave it a right hammering in Spain and Portugal last August/September where for several hours a day it was well over 40°C. We spent one day in central Spain at 47°C. (Took a photo of the dash but can't find it.)

I was quite worried that the car was struggling in the heat and made a suggestion to SWMBO that we should perhaps turn the A/C off to lower the strain. Well, that was instantly vetoed! It wasn't until I got out of the car that I realised the A/C was doing well!

Anyway, it had been gurgling and not blowing out much cold air while in the heat of the Channel Islands and Northern France last month, so I got it checked. Seems OK - so far. Just hope there's no big bill looming.

Found the picture:

That wasn't while the car was parked - it was while driving along at 110km/h. SWMBO took the pic while I was driving.
Go to page   <<        >>   

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, Forum Moderator, Forum Moderator, Premier Member, Technical Expert, New C4 and DS4 Forum Moderators, Member