or Login >>         
C4 - DS4 Owners :: Forums :: Citroen C4 Picasso and Grand C4 Picasso (B78) 2013 onward :: Citroen C4 Picasso and Grand C4 Picasso (B78) Road Tests and Model Reports

2015 C4 Grand Picasso 1.6 Bluehdi Exclusive (Manual) - Owners Review/Experience

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
stu666   
Sat Jan 28 2017, 04:16pm
Member No: #43820
I thought I'd share my experience with the C4GP for anyone browsing the forum considering buying one. I drive over 20k miles per year so spent a lot of time in the car during my ownership.

I bought ours in April 2016 from Arnold Clark as a good condition ex rental with 5k miles on it. I was hesitant at buying an ex rental at first but decided to go for it as it was a lot of car for the money, about £15,300 I think.

As a family of five it worked well for us being able to have the three child seats in the middle row with another two readily available seats in the back for whenever anyone else joined us.

On my 70 mile daily commute, which is mainly country road and dual carriageway driven at average pace, I easily achieved an average mpg in the mid 60s (according to the car anyway).

The car played a big part in our two holidays to France over the summer, with my wife not been keen on flying and me not being keen on the headache that is travelling by air with 3 kids (1,5&6).

On the first trip we travelled from home in central Scotland to disneyland Paris then up to Normandy and back covering 1750 miles altogether. We only averaged 52.2mpg which seemed ok since on this trip we had 6 people in the car, it was loaded to the gunnels and a/c on most of the time plus most of the driving in france was at 80mph atleast. The 120bhp engine did not need to be pushed and never felt underpowered. It's very relaxed and quiet when sitting at 80mph.

On both long distance trips there was no issues with the car, no complaints about comfort and the built in sat nav was ok.

A minor issue I had was when I first got it, there was a faint line along the large display screen but citroen replaced this under warranty without quibble. Also for some reason the sat nav lane guidance was always the opposite to what it should have been in the UK, which I got kind of used too, but it was correct when in France. Never got round to taking this up with Citroen but was probably just needing a software update or something.

Regrettably I got rid of the citroen a few months ago when I bought a Leon ST 184, which was a complete impulse buy due to an urge for something with a bit of performance. The novelty worn off after about three weeks after I got used to the performance and got fed up of the lack of practicality so swapped it for a 2015 Passat, which is really nice, but truth be told, if I could swap it for a C4GP exclusive with the same age/mileage I wouldn't hesitate. The citroen is just too practical!

For anyone considering buying one as a family car, do not hesitate. Their is nothing in its price range that can challenge it.

Suppose I should say bye for now to this forum I've been lurking on but not really needed due to a lack of issues!

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, Forum Moderator, Forum Moderator, Premier Member, Technical Expert, New C4 and DS4 Forum Moderators, Member