or Login >>         
C4 - DS4 Owners :: Forums :: C4 Picasso and Grand Picasso - PRE 2013 only :: C4 Picasso Road Tests and User reports

Windscreen cover.

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
K9zz   
Fri Jan 20 2017, 02:37am
Member No: #47337
Hi All,
I have a Citroen C4 Grand Picasso 1.6HDI which I've owned for almost 5 years. Hubby and I have decided to swap cars since his (Vauxhall Vectra) is on the way out and since I hardly use a car right now it makes sense for him to have the better car. He is a volunteer search and rescue technician and gets called upon 24/7 for searches. We need a windscreen cover for the C4 so he doesn't have to wait ages for the screen to thaw in the winter. I've had no luck finding one that will cover the screen and actually stay on. Does anyone have a solution please? Ta muchly.
K9zz
trev h   
Fri Jan 20 2017, 04:35am
Member No: #10864
Mix 2 parts surgical spirit 1 part water in a spray bottle, screen clears quicker than you can get a cover off.
1 User said Thank You to trev h for this Post :
 K9zz (20 Jan 2017 : 11:34)
Richard_C   
Fri Jan 20 2017, 05:16am
Member No: #46470
DIY spray is good idea.

If you still want a cover have a look at motor caravan/motor home external screen covers, something sized for a VW T4 might fit but do check first. Maybe walk about with a tape measure until you find one parked and compare with your Pic.

Caravan dealers, amazon or the bay of plenty might be good sources.
1 User said Thank You to Richard_C for this Post :
 K9zz (20 Jan 2017 : 11:34)

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, Forum Moderator, Forum Moderator, Premier Member, Technical Expert, New C4 and DS4 Forum Moderators, Member