or Login >>         
C4 - DS4 Owners :: Forums :: C4 Picasso and Grand Picasso - PRE 2013 only :: C4 Picasso Road Tests and User reports

My MPG Results

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
maniacs_id_vaunted   
Sat Nov 14 2015, 03:58pm
Member No: #40146
Purchased the car (2007 1.6 HDI) with a blown turbo. Mileage 67350. I installed a new replacement cartridge, oil pick up pipe, oil feed pipe with banjo bolts. Took the opportunity to fit a new cam belt with water pump. Flushed the engine. New oil filter & air filter. Driving locally, short runs to the shops and the drive through, a 20 mile run a few times, Dual carriage ways, Motorways. Today done a round trip of 574, first half using cruise set at 75 most of the way with no traffic. Return journey I turned the cruise off as it was raining and I could feel the car always under load. Most of the journey around 72 with light traffic.

Local Journey, 502 miles. MPG 45.5 just myself

Long journey 574. MPG 48.78. Motorway, Dual carriage way. First half. Driver and passenger. Return, Driver, passenger and Ford Granada Front Screen
Dave_Retired.   
Sun Nov 15 2015, 02:18am

Member No: #1
Cruise control does use more fuel, speed limiter is better as you're in control.
BigJohnD   
Sun Nov 15 2015, 05:07am

Member No: #82
Agreed. For better mpg, use the speed limiter.
wilcovh   
Tue Nov 17 2015, 06:22am
Member No: #28268
I do agree and not agree.

The difference between fuel consumption on speed limiter and cruise control has to do with the roads. I have found that when driving on flat roads like in Holland (I'm dutch) the cruise control is better for economy. When in the UK where the roads are much more going up and down the speed limiter gives better fuel economy.

But when it is busy on the roads the speed limiter is always better.

Every time when I'm in Holland I have the best fuel economy while the speed limit on a lot of roads is higher then in the UK.

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, Forum Moderator, Forum Moderator, Premier Member, Technical Expert, New C4 and DS4 Forum Moderators, Member