or Login >>         
C4 - DS4 Owners :: Forums :: Coupe and Hatch Pre 2011 cars :: C4 Coupe Hatch and General Questions

Citroen C4 Hatch 1.6HDI Gear selection issue

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
sp8ced21   
Thu Jan 05 2017, 11:17am
Member No: #39054
hi guys,

C4 1.6HDI facelift 2011 model manual gearbox

wondering if someone can shed some light on my issue, over the last few week my gear changes have increasingly got notchy and difficuly to change between gear especially 3rd to 4th and 4th to 5th or the reverse, however the problem has now turned into when the gear stick physically stuck for example today i changed down to up to 4th went to put it in 5th but would only go into neutral or back to 4th, had to wiggle the gear stick back and fourth multiple times to eventually free it up to allow me to change gear, its almost like something is jamming in the linkage, weird thing is after sticking its fine then out of no where it comes back again. and the gear stick just locks up whereever it is, happened the other day on a round about was stuck in neutral unable to slect any gear and the stick was rigid.

anyone have any idea or experienced this
rusky   
Thu Jan 05 2017, 01:31pm
Member No: #27768
It may be that the selector needs adjusting. There's a guide - Click Here - but i'm not sure if it relates to your 'box.
1 User said Thank You to rusky for this Post :
 sp8ced21 (05 Jan 2017 : 13:49)
sp8ced21   
Thu Jan 05 2017, 01:50pm
Member No: #39054
Thanks, unfortunately it won't let me view it as I don't have privileges but thanks for the advice and response, it's appreciated.

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, Forum Moderator, Forum Moderator, Premier Member, Technical Expert, New C4 and DS4 Forum Moderators, Member