or Login >>         
C4 - DS4 Owners :: Forums :: Citroen C4 Picasso and Grand C4 Picasso (B78) 2013 onward :: C4 Picasso and Grand C4 Picasso (B78) Problems and Issues

2016 C4 Picasso heater issues

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
prus   
Tue Jan 03 2017, 04:10am
Member No: #46396
C4 Picasso 2016. Has anyone had any issues with the heater fan control turning up to full by itself?
routemaster1   
Tue Jan 03 2017, 04:31am
Member No: #574
If you have climate control (I don't know if any just have aircon) and it is set to auto, the fan may come on at full if the system deems it necessary. As the temperature stabilises the fan should return to a lower setting. This would usually occur on starting, However you do not state the circumstances when this happens.
bluehdi   
Tue Jan 03 2017, 04:44am
Member No: #2617
Please could you give us a bit more information about the exact spec of your car (for instance, do you have the 2016 facelift model?) and the scenario that occurred.

As you'll know, correctly, the climate control fans will raise the heater fan speed automatically, particularly if it's cold and it's going through the initial startup stages of trying to get the interior up to temperature.

I have heard some while back of touchscreen issues (during very cold weather) where the response of the screen had gone a bit crazy and would seemingly, randomly be pushing buttons when nothing had actually been touched. Also, changing radio stations as well as tinkering with the climate settings. Have seen it mentioned by Cactus owners as well on forums online. This seemed to happen only when cold or damp. However this was the touchscreen fitted before the facelift models, which now use a different screen technology.

Be interesting if it continues to do it or whether you are seeing the 'reboot the car and all is fine!'.
bluehdi   
Tue Jan 03 2017, 05:11am
Member No: #2617
Just to add to my earlier post and for a little useless information sharing, the original 7" touchscreen fitted to C4P/GP's between launch back in 2013 and through until around October 2016, are a resistive touch screen, whereas the post facelift models now have a capacitive touch screen fitted.

This means for instance that you cannot use the newer style touch screens when you have gloves on, whereas you can in the old models. The older resistive screen also requires a firm push, whereas the newer screens are much easier to operate, particularly when swiping.

Interestingly, the handbook for my 2014 car, explains when talking about the resistive screen that 'the screen can be used wearing gloves. This technology allows use at all temperatures'. No similar mention is made in the new post facelift handbook?

Saying all that, the only issue I've ever experienced with the lower touch screen is that when extremely cold I've seen a slight blurring in the centre of the touchscreen or what appears to be condensation. This dissipated once the interior warmed up properly.

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, Forum Moderator, Forum Moderator, Premier Member, Technical Expert, New C4 and DS4 Forum Moderators, Member