or Login >>         
C4 - DS4 Owners :: Forums :: C4 Picasso and Grand Picasso - PRE 2013 only :: C4 Picasso Problems and issues

Handbrake, ABS,ESP/ASR and gearbox fault

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
Aadam1975   
Sat Dec 31 2016, 09:22am
Member No: #47146
Dash showing intermittent fault with handbrake, ABS, ESP/ASR and then a gearbox fault. Handbrake does not release, when pressing the brake pedal and release switch on dasboard (though it releases when given gas). Seems to be happening more and more frequently now. Car drives OK until i get the gearbox fault which restricts me to manual mode with upto 3 gears. Local garage and breakdown firm were unable to get any error codes.

- Click Here - suggests replacing the brake switch, which I have ordered but I am unable to remove the brake switch cover. I have managed to get to the stage of removing the 2 nut covers but can't get any further.

I have a 2010 C41.6Hdi Grand Picasso Exclusive.

Any advice/guidance would be greatly appreciated.

1 User said Thank You to Aadam1975 for this Post :
 Tuttel (02 Jan 2017 : 15:02)
rusky   
Sat Dec 31 2016, 12:44pm
Member No: #27768
I had a very similar issue, turned out to be a faulty ABS ring on one of the front wheels.
1 User said Thank You to rusky for this Post :
 Tuttel (02 Jan 2017 : 15:03)
Tuttel   
Mon Jan 02 2017, 03:07pm
Member No: #39061
Same issue here! At any given moment multiple error warnings appear. ESP/ASR, handbrake, ABS and gearbox error. Also, cruise control wont work, and service light comes on in orange.
(C4GP - EGS - 2009)

Garage assumed it was in the control unit. First he has cleaned out all contact points, but that didnt do it. So we then replaced the regulator unit. Issue remained.

Started looking here and I am quite confident Rusky provided the source of the issue.
I think so because I recently changed the summer/winter tyres. Issue appeared pretty quick after that. Couple of days.

Thanx again to this awesome forum with even awesomer people.

-Happy New Year-
Aadam1975   
Wed Jan 04 2017, 11:16am
My C4 has this additional switch/connector attached to the brake switch cover.

- Click Here -

Can I safely disconnect this (does this simply clip off) and then I can remove the brake switch cover?

Aadam1975   
Mon Jan 09 2017, 10:04am
I managed to replace the brake switch and now my motor is as good as new. Thanks to this forum.
muntoiuion   
Thu Jan 03 2019, 10:27am
Member No: #52777
Hello. Thanks to this forum i have a working car. I had a problem with my car. Handbrake faulty, no gearbox selection , not even start or try to. After lexia diagnosis the conclusion was that is no comunication with gearbox ecu. 3 weeks of efforts and waiting for citroen dealership to open after holydays. Today i tried the only thing i did not checked. I made a connection from earthpoint to a bolt on the gearbox. Seems that this was causing all my problems.
Hifi   
Fri Jan 04 2019, 09:39am
Member No: #45318
Hi all I have started to get this now first it was a gearbox fault and the car also started like kangarooing slightly the the gearbox fault came up.and every now and then the handbrake fault came up esp came up and service light.now I've had a lot of issues with the car in the last year it's had a new clutch and DMF new gearbox new actuator and a new gearbox bearing.
Could this be the same as the rest
Tia
rusky   
Fri Jan 04 2019, 10:08am
Member No: #27768
Could be, could also be something else. You need to get the fault codes read.
Hifi   
Sat May 11 2019, 04:17pm
Member No: #45318
Had codes read and it seems that ECU ain't taking too each other but I disagree as it's too intermittent I'm gonna replace brake switch the abs switch

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, Forum Moderator, Forum Moderator, Premier Member, Technical Expert, New C4 and DS4 Forum Moderators, Member