or Login >>         
C4 - DS4 Owners :: Forums :: C4 2011 (B7) DS4 and DS4 CROSSBACK :: The Garage

[moved] 2012 C4 B7 Drivers Mirror Deflects Instead of Passenger One at Reverse

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
stevjull2017   
Thu Dec 29 2016, 10:35pm
Member No: #47130
Hi there, I’m only new on this forum and I own a C4 2012 B7 e-HDi Exclusive, as all of you know this C4 has a feature that when it's put into reverse the passenger side mirror (should) deflect downwards (on the passenger side) to assist in reverse parking. This does not happen on my vehicles and the driver’s side mirror deflects instead. Anyone have an answers and/or a fix for this problem? Your assistance would be greatly appreciated.
FrankBullitt   
Fri Dec 30 2016, 01:53am

Member No: #19238
Either can dip - in order for the function to work you need to select the mirror-adjustment switch to the near side (ie as if you were adjusting the passenger mirror); when you select reverse it will dip. Your selector is currently set to the drivers side, hence why it is this mirror that is dipping.
stevjull2017   
Fri Dec 30 2016, 09:08pm
Thanks 'FrankBullitt' I will try your fix, and also thanks for your prompt reply, much appreciated. I also had the 'Folding door mirror fault', it got stuck in the folding position when I unlocked the car, what the dealer told me to do is; to lock and unlock the vehicle a few times and it worked on the second occasion. Hope that my solution will help someone else. Cheers
stevjull2017   
Fri Dec 30 2016, 09:16pm
Also 'FrankBullitt' where is the 'mirror-adjustment switch to the near side (ie as if you were adjusting the passenger mirror)? Could you please explain the exact procedure as I'm a novice at fixing anything mechanical and need a more detailed description. Thank you
FrankBullitt   
Fri Dec 30 2016, 11:16pm

Member No: #19238
No problem - it's the switch that you use on the door to select which mirror you want to adjust when setting them up; it can be nearside, middle or offside although you can also pull it back (or push it forward, I forget which) to disable the function that automatically closes them when locking too which might have been what you've done if they won't close. If you leave this switch selecting the mirror you want to dip when reversing it will automatically dip the mirror - as your drivers mirror is dipping it will already be on that side.
stevjull2017   
Sat Dec 31 2016, 02:32am
Thanks so much 'FrankBullitt' I found it in the users manual that came with the car and I solved my problem. Thanks for your help.

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, Forum Moderator, Forum Moderator, Premier Member, Technical Expert, New C4 and DS4 Forum Moderators, Member