or Login >>         
C4 - DS4 Owners :: Forums :: Citroen C4 Picasso and Grand C4 Picasso (B78) 2013 onward :: C4 Picasso and Grand C4 Picasso (B78) Problems and Issues

Windscreen stress crack under warranty?

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
gdevere   
Tue Dec 27 2016, 05:40pm
Member No: #25091
Just had a 15cm stress crack appear towards top left a week before the 3 year warranty expires!
Wondering if anyone has had a windscreen replaced under warranty when there's no evidence of a stone chip?
Do I need to check my car insurance since the Citroen Warranty T&Cs have this in it:
14. other warranties and insurance - You must not use the warranty to recover costs
which are covered by another warranty or an existing insurance policy.
But there is no specific exclusion of windscreens in the list of exclusions for things like wipers & tyres.
I think my car insurance small print probably excludes anything covered by other insurance as well, so maybe I can get them to argue the case with Citroen! Worth a try to avoid windscreen replacement excess of £100.
niggly56   
Mon Jan 02 2017, 03:01am
Member No: #41618
I would imagine you would have difficulty proving the cracking was caused by stress.
I think replacement under your motor insurance is the only option- despite the excess. Bear in mind these large screens can cost 4-600 pounds at full price.

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, Forum Moderator, Forum Moderator, Premier Member, Technical Expert, New C4 and DS4 Forum Moderators, Member