or Login >>         
C4 - DS4 Owners :: Forums :: C4 Picasso and Grand Picasso - PRE 2013 only :: C4 Picasso Problems and issues

Low revs leading to limp mode until car is turned off and on again

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
Pauldoubleyou   
Wed Nov 30 2016, 04:49pm
Member No: #44632
Once in a while, usually when in traffic if you're driving along in first and let the revs drop slightly lower than 1krpm, I get a message saying that there is an engine management fault and the car enters limp mode. It is easily reset by restarting the car however not so easy to do when you're in a traffic jam on a motorway. This has happened to the wife twice today.

I have a lexia and it's not shown any engine faults, so I'm a bit confused. Any ideas?

It's an 08 1.8 petrol GP
looxuser   
Thu Dec 01 2016, 05:48am
Member No: #30245
I suspect as no error messages in Lexia that there's a problem in the wiring from the engine ecu to the BSI. I had similar issues with problems with the car and no errors on Lexia, Citroen rewired the loom above the battery box, which is susceptible to water ingress and corrosion of the wiring inside the insulation on car this age.

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, Forum Moderator, Forum Moderator, Premier Member, Technical Expert, New C4 and DS4 Forum Moderators, Member