or Login >>         
C4 - DS4 Owners :: Forums :: Coupe and Hatch Pre 2011 cars :: C4 Loeb

C4 Loeb valuation

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
Stephenmc   
Tue Nov 22 2016, 01:27pm
Member No: #46850
Hi there,
My grandfather is looking to move on his C4, the dealer offer was an extreme low ball IMO and I was expecting a greater value. I understand this is one of 400 limited edition models. It's the 1.6l petrol manual, one owner from new with a FSH and a meagure 30 odd thousand on the clock. On a 2010/11 plate. It's one of those gems petrol heads want. I assume there is following and market for the model?
Sorry for the limited information I couldn't find many for sale, certainly in this condition and it's not my bag car wise so I know little about its worth.
Thank you in advance for your help, I don't want him getting a [%*^#@!] deal.
Biohead   
Tue Nov 22 2016, 02:49pm

Member No: #6049
Hi! Personally, you're probably looking around the £2500 mark if you can hold out (give or take £500). The fsh and condition might be what swings it - you just need the right buyer.

The Loeb really isn't all that rare (about 900 in the UK, not 400), and there are higher specced models available with better engines.

It's a newer Loeb which unfortunately means lower specs compared to the older ones, and it's a standard engine - not the Turbo.

The only Loebs that will chase high money are the original Loeb 180's as there are only 5 in the UK. I had a Loeb THP (36 in the UK) and simply couldn't shift it for any decent money.
Stephenmc   
Tue Nov 22 2016, 03:24pm
Thanks for your reply. Cheers for the clarity over numbers. Although most I've seen for sale at in the 60-80k mile mark and are going for about 3-3.5k. So that seems a touch higher than what you're saying. I was expecting it to be worth around the 5k mark.
jpbroad1970   
Wed Nov 23 2016, 02:32am
Member No: #45288
The second hand market is awash with cars these days which has dramatically affected used car prices. It's a buyers market with plenty of low mileage cars about. My friend had a low mileage diesel Insignia 12 plate and was only offered £2800 trade in from one garage, nice car too but just goes to show what value some of these cars have. Special editions can be a bit of a stumbling block too as some people just see them as a standard car overpriced. At the end of the day it's only worth what someone is willing to pay....sometimes you get lucky sometimes, you don't.
FrankBullitt   
Wed Nov 23 2016, 04:03am

Member No: #19238
Stephenmc wrote ...

Thanks for your reply. Cheers for the clarity over numbers. Although most I've seen for sale at in the 60-80k mile mark and are going for about 3-3.5k. So that seems a touch higher than what you're saying. I was expecting it to be worth around the 5k mark.

The problem is, they aren't 'going for about 3-3.5k', they are up for sale at (typically dealers) for that amount.

The original Loeb does have value (although niche) but the later cooking models are less valuable and the problem is I think many people assume there is only one kind of Loeb
BigJohnD   
Wed Nov 23 2016, 05:52am

Member No: #82
"by Loeb" is not really anything other than a trim option. There were no engine or suspension mods.
Stephenmc   
Wed Nov 23 2016, 01:22pm
Thanks for the reply guys il tell him to go ahead with the deal he has got then.

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, Forum Moderator, Forum Moderator, Premier Member, Technical Expert, New C4 and DS4 Forum Moderators, Member