or Login >>         
C4 - DS4 Owners :: Forums :: Citroen C4 Picasso and Grand C4 Picasso (B78) 2013 onward :: C4 Picasso (B78) General Questions

Burn out areas on top digital display

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
gdevere   
Sat Nov 19 2016, 02:50am
Member No: #25091
Just coming to the end of my 3 year warranty & wondering if anyone else has got the same issue & what the response from citroen was in fixing it. The burn out areas are at the bottom right (2 areas) & left.
They appear in the same place on all 3 display themes, so i don't think it's a software issue.

routemaster1   
Sat Nov 19 2016, 03:34am
Member No: #574
See this thread.

- Click Here -

I had my screen replaced with no quibble when a black line appeared across the bottom. There is another thread from BlueHDi with a similar story, and, in fact he has been advised for some reason that his replacement screen needs to be replaced again. I would advise taking the car to the dealer as soon as possible!
northspoon   
Sat Nov 19 2016, 04:17am
Member No: #4689
Does the area change in size from day to day?

Just wondered, as the patches in the photo looks like condensation.
gdevere   
Sat Nov 19 2016, 06:23am
Definitely not condensation since they appear in the same place/size & have done all summer & don't change as the car heats up.
I've only just zoomed in on my picture & noticed that the areas are made up of horizontal lines which looks similar to issues others are having, even though they don't extend across the whole screen. And you can just make out the image beneath the grey areas so it's not like a computer screen dead pixel issue. Maybe the top laminate coming away from the back?

routemaster1   
Sat Nov 19 2016, 11:16am
Member No: #574
What it is, is academic. The dealer needs to see it.
bluehdi   
Sat Nov 19 2016, 11:43am
Member No: #2617
Citroen are replacing lots of these screens (more than once as well!). I've not seen the exact symptoms you've got before or one as bad as that, but it certainly looks like a new top screen will be needed.

More posts here:

- Click Here -

As Routemaster1 says, make sure you get your car booked in before your warranty runs out. New top screens are £800+ excl.fitting if bought from the Citroen parts dept!
1 User said Thank You to bluehdi for this Post :
 gdevere (20 Dec 2016 : 15:54)
gdevere   
Tue Dec 20 2016, 04:01pm
Thanks everyone. Dealer wouldn't order a new screen just from my photo since they can't return them if they order in error, but they took a quick look without even getting into the car & ordered one which is now fixed all under warranty.
I presume the new screen doesn't have any warranty at all so if it gets grey lines in a month when the car warranty has expired I'll be paying £900 to fix their shoddy parts.
Any advice on extending the Citroen warranty or going 3rd party warranty?
Diapertractor   
Mon Feb 13 2023, 01:19pm
Member No: #52548
Now it's my turn

2015 E-hdi Exclusive

https://imgur.com/a/2vHciR0

I've planned to do the swap by my self, as I have no interest in wasting time to get Citroen of Norway to cover this by goodwill.

Anyone changed the LCD panel inside the "top screen module" ?

I bought the LCD panel from AliExp (waiting for delivery), 2900€ is the dealer price without labour

- Click Here -

By watching this thread, it looks incredibly easy to remove the top screen module

- Click Here -
Diapertractor   
Mon Feb 27 2023, 08:52am
Member No: #52548
Did replace the LCD panel today:

- Click Here -

Just do the parts from this post to disassemble the screen module.
- Click Here -

Just unbox the module (4 screws and clips around)
Unscrew the four screws that the LCD panel is mounted with.

Open the cable hatch (black) with your nails, screw driver is only to show where.

New LCD panel installed:

First test run:

ignaciogerez1983   
Thu Mar 16 2023, 04:58am
Member No: #59816
Hello DIAPERTRACUTOR!, Hey, how are you?
I'm considering spending $330 on a screen change for the Citroen C4 Picasso just like you did. How does the screen still work? Have you had any problems? thank you so much
ignaciogerez1983   
Tue Apr 25 2023, 06:33am
Member No: #59816
Hi DIAPERTRACTOR, I just bought the screen on aliexpress. I have a doubt, Did you disconnect the car battery to do the screen replacement?,

thank you!

Diapertractor wrote ...

- Click Here -

- Click Here -

Open the cable hatch (black) with your nails, screw driver is only to show where.

New LCD panel installed:

First test run:

mb78   
Sat May 27 2023, 05:59pm
Member No: #44882
ignaciogerez1983 wrote ...

Hi DIAPERTRACTOR, I just bought the screen on aliexpress. I have a doubt, Did you disconnect the car battery to do the screen replacement?,

thank you!

Diapertractor wrote ...

- Click Here -

- Click Here -

New LCD panel installed:

First test run:

Have you replaced your screen? how did you go?

Was the screen swapped for the left hand drive visuals? (opposite to what it was before?)

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, Forum Moderator, Forum Moderator, Premier Member, Technical Expert, New C4 and DS4 Forum Moderators, Member