or Login >>         
C4 - DS4 Owners :: Forums :: Coupe and Hatch Pre 2011 cars :: C4 Coupe and Hatch (pre 2011) Problems?

1.6HDi VTR: Headlights and Wipers activate when car is off?

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
hjb543   
Tue Nov 15 2016, 09:38am
Member No: #46783
Hi all,

2005 1.6(90)HDi VTR Coupe.

I came out to the car with a completely flat battery and windscreen wipers halfway up the screen, as it turns out the headlights, interior light and wipers have switched themselves on whilst the car was locked.

After the battery was charged, I took it for a drive and all seemed well, Wipers and lights work as they should. However, when the car is now left alone with the engine switched off (locked/unlocked, it doesn't matter), after about 2 minutes the wipers and lights activate. It stops once one of the doors is opened, or you turn the ignition back on.

The car is an 05 VTR Coupe without automatic lights or wipers.

The fault still happens if the shunt fuse is in client or park (or removed completely)

Has anyone got any ideas? I've just resorted to disconnecting the battery for now!
rusky   
Tue Nov 15 2016, 02:00pm
Member No: #27768
Is the battery new? If it's more than 4 years old, it's probably failing.
hjb543   
Fri Nov 18 2016, 01:15pm
Member No: #46783
Battery was brand new about 2 months ago. Alternator is working correctly and the battery is holding charge fine (until the issue popped up!)

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, Forum Moderator, Forum Moderator, Premier Member, Technical Expert, New C4 and DS4 Forum Moderators, Member