or Login >>         
C4 - DS4 Owners :: Forums :: C4 Picasso and Grand Picasso - PRE 2013 only :: C4 Picasso and Grand Picasso General questions

DPF Question

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
mcguigan85   
Sat Oct 29 2016, 03:34pm
Member No: #46629
Hi I own a Citroen C4/grand 1.6hdi been told off the garage I need to cover 30miles+ at 40mph in 4th gear to activate the regeneration cycle on the DPf. But the owners manual I have says this: To regenerate the filter, it is advised to drive as soon as possible, when traffic conditions permit, at a speed of
60 km/h (around 40 mph) or more for at least five minutes (until the alert message disappears). What's the best way to clear it? Thanks andy
rusky   
Sat Oct 29 2016, 04:35pm
Member No: #27768
I believe the garage is talking tosh! I've had a regen happen around town. The main condition for it to happen seems to be engine temperature. Once the regen starts you'll notice the engine becomes lumpy & the MPG goes through the floor. It lasts far about 10 mins but if you stop the car before it's completed, it starts again from scratch on the next run.

The best way is to fit a regen LED. That way you'll see when the DPF regen is running.

mcguigan85   
Sun Oct 30 2016, 03:31am
Member No: #46629
I though he must have been talking rubbish. Thanks for the info I'm a bit more clued up now I shall try the regen again shame there's no engine temp gauge on the c4 grand
nightshift247   
Sun Apr 23 2017, 05:05am
Member No: #43860
Hi rusky old post i know. Question how easy and where would you connect a light to show a regen in process?
BigJohnD   
Sun Apr 23 2017, 05:15am

Member No: #82
nightshift247 wrote ...

Question how easy and where would you connect a light to show a regen in process?

This thread may help: - Click Here -

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, Forum Moderator, Forum Moderator, Premier Member, Technical Expert, New C4 and DS4 Forum Moderators, Member