or Login >>         
C4 - DS4 Owners :: Forums :: C4 Picasso and Grand Picasso - PRE 2013 only :: C4 Picasso Problems and issues

Tracing ABS sensor open circuit

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
Pauldoubleyou   
Tue Oct 25 2016, 04:10pm
Member No: #44632
I have a fault showing on my 58 plate Grand Picasso - C1330 ABS Front Right sensor open circuit.

I have recently put a new sensor on that corner, and i checked that the plug was clean. Im presuming now i either have

a) a duff sensor
b) the plug is broken
c) a wiring break.

In preparation, i can test the sensor - i can bypass the plug - however how do i do a continuity check on wiring to the sensor? Can anyone help me work out which pins on the ABS unit plug go to the front right sensor?

many thanks
Paul
Pauldoubleyou   
Thu Nov 03 2016, 08:48pm
Anyone? Im at my wits end with this thing
KenC   
Thu Nov 03 2016, 09:08pm
Member No: #18024
Think everyone is in bed, try searching on Google, I found this for the sensor.
- Click Here -
Pauldoubleyou   
Sun Nov 27 2016, 10:31am
Update to this. I got lexia and tested everything, open circuit to drivers front sensor is still coming up even with a new sensor.

I plan on chopping the plug at that wheel out and soldering the wires to guarantee the connection.

After that what's left?
KenC   
Sun Nov 27 2016, 11:57am
Member No: #18024
Before you cut the plug can you swap the sensor from another wheel, at least you know for sure that one works, you may have been unlucky and had a faulty new one!
Pauldoubleyou   
Sun Nov 27 2016, 12:17pm
I probably will do that. Interestingly these sensors don't show up any resistance when tested, as they operate on a different cycle to the traditional sensors with a caste effect reluctor ring. These have magnetised rings on the hub.

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, Forum Moderator, Forum Moderator, Premier Member, Technical Expert, New C4 and DS4 Forum Moderators, Member