or Login >>         
C4 - DS4 Owners :: Forums :: Styling Performance and Upgrading :: Mods and Styling, Chassis, lowering, wheels etc.

Ultraleggera's on 2005 VTS

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
Cpt.Iglo   
Mon Oct 24 2016, 05:41am
Member No: #46582
Hi guys, new here, my name is Rick and I'm from Holland.

In June 2015 I traded in my 1996 ZX Aura E2 (with factory aircon and everything) on a 2005 C4 Coupe VTS 136bhp. Had a few issue's with the car which have been solved under warranty. One issue is still ongoing but still have no idea what causes it (might start a different thread on that).

I have a question about wheels though. The car is completely stock but want to go a bit lower and get some new wheels for it (car turns 12 next December).

Someone on another forum suggested OZ Ultraleggera's, and I started Googling and came across an image posted on this forum a few years ago.

Ham wrote ...

To add to Tom's comments, try not to get wheels with a polished lip as they tend to look a lot smaller than they are unless you like that style. Also try and get actual Citroen fit as some times your offered Ford fit ment and have to buy a fitting kit which includes a spacer and longer bolts to get the correct offset for your car.
I have 18" OZ Ultraleggeras, but not lowered as yet.

And

Ham wrote ...

30mm drop on Eibachs(E10-22-007-02-22 Pro-Kit), I quite like it as it looks standard to the untrained eye.
Before.....

After....

Absolutely love the looks of that car and I kinda want to copy it on mine (well, can't really, steering wheel is on the other side ).

But I'm really curious how he got them to fit. The biggest Ultraleggera's I can find that fit the 4x108 bolt pattern are 16 inch. And he mentiones he has 18's on his car?

Did he use an adapter or something to get them to fit?

Thanks in advance
wozza   
Mon Oct 24 2016, 07:09am

Member No: #2
They may simply not make them anymore Hams had those on for years now. An I believe they stopped making the ultraleggera in a lot of combinations.

Best thing to do would be to contact them directly and see what they can offer you. See if they could find some in a warehouse somewhere. I can find 18's in a 4x108 but they are a Ford fitnent offset. So would need suitable spacers. However, I'm sure Hams are a Citroen fitment.
Cpt.Iglo   
Mon Oct 24 2016, 03:24pm
Ok, after searching some further. I might have found a shop in the Netherlands that still has them in stock. Link

In short 7.0x17 4x108 ET25. I'm a noob at these things really, the track of the car will be 4mm wider. But will the 205/50/R17's currently on the Resolfen wheels still fit the OZ's? As they are barely a year old and where a bit expensive. Once these have worn out, I might go for some sportier tires, currently Michelin Primacy 3's.

Stock Resolfen wheels are 6.5 wide, the Ultraleggera's are 7 inch wide
Luki   
Fri Nov 04 2016, 08:01am
Member No: #42838
you can put the following widths on 7'' wheel:

Min. tire width - 195
Optimal tire width - 205 or 215
Max. tire width - 225

Have absolutely no worries, put them on your Ultraleggeras and tell us your impressions - these rims are ideal for reducing the unsprung weight, which you'll be able to feel on the road.
Luki   
Fri Nov 04 2016, 08:23am
Member No: #42838
Oh, and a little tip on Ultraleggeras Due to the very light and thin construction, they reveal a lot of the insides behind the rim: brakes, calipers, discs, springs, the plasticky panels underneath the fender, etc...

if you have time, take some to clean, sand off the surface rust and rust-protect, or ideally re-paint these visible bits. it'll make a world of difference aesthetically. every man to his taste, of course, but i've seen some older cars with Ultraleggeras that didn't turn out nice because of this. Ultraleggeras crave for big shiny brakes, drilled discs and colorful calipers in the background if you ask me.
Cpt.Iglo   
Mon Nov 07 2016, 09:50am
Great tips Luki, thanks!

Will look into it once I'm back from my little trip to England next month

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, Forum Moderator, Forum Moderator, Premier Member, Technical Expert, New C4 and DS4 Forum Moderators, Member