or Login >>         
C4 - DS4 Owners :: Forums :: Coupe and Hatch Pre 2011 cars :: C4 The Garage

C4 Glow Plugs

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
paddy69   
Sun Oct 23 2016, 03:09pm
Member No: #46560
Hi!
I have just bought a 2005 C4 1.6 HDI 5 door hatch, after my Berlingo van became too much cost to keep on the road.
I am aware that there is at least 1 glow plug gone. I am also aware that it is not a 5 minute job replacing them. So, I want to get a set to do the whole lot. BUT I am not sure which to get. Doing a lot of searching there seems to be plugs that have a screw top and others that look like a clip on top. Can anyone give me a definitive answer as to what type mine will be? I don't want to get the wrong ones! Thanks!

Phil
love2drive   
Mon Dec 12 2016, 05:28pm
Member No: #42287
Hi paddy69, If you are still in need to know, your glow plugs are probably as same as mine as we got the same car same year. they are all screw tops, no clip whatsoever. but sizes you have to be accurate about as many of them are same looking but little bit longer than ours. the best option would be check with eurocarparts either by chatting or calling them. other thing is its not very straight forward job and you get to be very careful when doing this..one of my glow plugs is always keep coming out...it doesn't stay inside..don't know why, but i am guessing plugs were broken inside while mechanic tryed to open it.
BigJohnD   
Tue Dec 13 2016, 04:31am

Member No: #82
PM me your VIN and I'll look. "2005 C4 1.6 HDI 5 door" is insufficient as there are several different engines.

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, Forum Moderator, Forum Moderator, Premier Member, Technical Expert, New C4 and DS4 Forum Moderators, Member