or Login >>         
C4 - DS4 Owners :: Forums :: The Lounge :: The Lounge

Planete-Citroen Translate

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
wunny   
Sat Oct 22 2016, 03:56am
Member No: #42824
There are many links on here to Planete-Citroen, which are useful, but to those of us that are not blessed with fluent Francais, it can be a bit difficult to fully understand what is being said over there.

However help is at hand!

Click the link, copy the link address from the address bar and paste it into Google, click Translate and all is revealed in Google's best attempt at English.

Simples!

Of course this may all be old info and it is already lurking somewhere on this site, but it has eluded me so far.
bluehdi   
Sat Oct 22 2016, 04:49am
Member No: #2617
Thanks for your post.

This is the very procedure I use to read Planete Citroen (daily) and other European Citroen and Peugeot forums (weekly), so it's good to share this method with others.

Do bear in mind that Planete Citroen is very tightly moderated. In ten years I only ever posted once and then got told off for not writing in French! The moderator will quickly close any posts where someone hasn't searched first or particularly when someone breaks the rules. It's a great source though for issues with all models of Citroen and in particular the in car audio/nav systems.
1 User said Thank You to bluehdi for this Post :
 wunny (22 Oct 2016 : 06:52)
wozza   
Sat Oct 22 2016, 01:07pm

Member No: #2
Depending on the browser you use. It can be set to automatically translate pages for you.

Chrome will for instance automatically translate pages.
wunny   
Sat Oct 22 2016, 03:39pm
Member No: #42824
Thanks Wozza, I didn't know that.

Anyway, I did a search for translate on Firefox, and Google Translate is available as an add on. Once installed just click on the red 'T' top right hand corner and the page is translated.

Much easier than what I said earlier!

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, Forum Moderator, Forum Moderator, Premier Member, Technical Expert, New C4 and DS4 Forum Moderators, Member