or Login >>         
C4 - DS4 Owners :: Forums :: Coupe and Hatch Pre 2011 cars :: Technical Questions

C4 HDi pre 2010 starting circuit, low power to solenoid.

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
Zedd   
Fri Oct 07 2016, 10:19am
Member No: #19214
Good day all

Sorry to creep back like this after been gone for so long, was busy with some other projects just couldn't find the time.

I have come across a C4 hatch 1.6HDi with a starter problem, I have already figured out that the starter and battery are fine and the power cables are fine, however there is something wrong with the signal solenoid wire coming from the ignition switch. When you try starting it just ticks like a clock (the solenoid). IE solenoid clicks, then releases then clicks again over and over.

My question is, on the technical section I found a circuit for a 1.6 petrol C4 starter circuit, would anyone happen to know if the petrol and diesel wiring is the same for the starter circuit? Or if not, where would I find the 1.6 HDI starter circuit.

regards, Zedd.

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, Forum Moderator, Forum Moderator, Premier Member, Technical Expert, New C4 and DS4 Forum Moderators, Member