or Login >>         
C4 - DS4 Owners :: Forums :: Maintenance Tips ALL variant C4 C4 Picasso and DS4 :: Maintenance and Repair Tips and Procedures.

Citroen C4 steering angle sensor comms unit reset

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
dstyles   
Mon Oct 03 2016, 04:08pm
Member No: #43723
Hello, I have a 2010 Citroen C4 1.6 HDI EGS VTR+ and had a second hand steering rack put in 6 months ago. Since then, the ESP has been kicking in on roundabouts. I have tried re-calibrating the steering angle sensor with a Lexia unit, but it isn't solving the problem (after attempting to re-calibrate a number of times, an angle of approx 50 degrees is read when steering is straight ahead). I recall reading somewhere that the physical sensor is located in the comms unit below the steering wheel, and that a dial in this can be physically reset in case work on the steering system changes the angle. However, I can't find this information again. Any advice and tips on this would be much appreciated as I suspect the frequent ESP is not doing brake pads and discs any favours...
Thanks,
Dave
Mythical   
Wed Jul 31 2019, 05:15pm
Member No: #54306
I am currently experiencing the same issue with my citeron c4 2009, Did you ever resolve this issue and how? Thanks, Craig

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, Forum Moderator, Forum Moderator, Premier Member, Technical Expert, New C4 and DS4 Forum Moderators, Member