or Login >>         
C4 - DS4 Owners :: Forums :: The Lounge :: The Lounge

Interesting drive logging app

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
rusky   
Wed Sep 21 2016, 01:19pm
Member No: #27768
I work for an IoT company & like IoT, home automation etc.

When looking at if this then that, I noticed the Dash channel. Now, if you haven't heard of if this then that (IFTTT), it's a site that allows certain 'things' to be included in simple rules.

There are simple recipes that allow you to log weather to google drive etc. but the one I've overlooked is the Dash channel.
With Dash, you get a free app on your phone & use an OBDII reader (one you already own or you can buy one from them) to talk to the app - Click Here - it logs the trip, allows you to send alerts for driving style (e.g. speeding), remebers where you parked and flags up errors.

The nice part about adding an IFTTT recipe is you can log stuff to google drive, google spreadsheet or even send an alert when you get to a destination. more ideas here - Click Here -
Biohead   
Wed Sep 21 2016, 03:26pm

Member No: #6049
Interesting! I'm going to have a look at this - I'm curious though as to whether the data is private or uploaded to their servers?
rusky   
Wed Sep 21 2016, 03:46pm
- Click Here - It seems that data is uploaded to their servers "When we collect the usage information described above, we only use this data to provide the Services to you or in aggregate form, and not in a manner that would identify you personally."
Biohead   
Fri Sep 23 2016, 11:22am

So I've been using it on the C5 and I quite like it, with the exception of one niggle:

For every single one of my drives it's telling me I can improve my fuel economy - and it's showing it's doing 31mpg. In real life, its double that figure so it's not reading something from the OBD properly. I'm not sure if it affects the overall score, but I suspect so because of the big red negative by it!
rusky   
Fri Sep 23 2016, 01:55pm
Did you set up the fuel type under the car profile? Mine was inaccurate until I changed it to diesel
Biohead   
Fri Sep 23 2016, 02:06pm

Yep everything is set correctly. It just seems strange that it's out by exactly a factor of two to what the car reports (62mpg). Once I get a bit more data logged I'll send them a message and see if it's a bug.
rusky   
Sat Sep 24 2016, 02:19am
This week I've only used mine for the 3 mile trip to & from work & it's saying the MPG is between 30 & 35 which is probably right. Before I set the fuel type, it was 10mpg! But I agree if it's 50% less then it sounds like a bug.

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, Forum Moderator, Forum Moderator, Premier Member, Technical Expert, New C4 and DS4 Forum Moderators, Member